Sign up  |  Log in

Spread Collars

Love em.

Got 4 Charles Twyrhitt shirts through the company store. Never had a spread collar shirt before but for some reason I feel like I DOMINATE my work when I am wearing these shirts.

Something about the collar and having a tie knot wide enough to fill the collar makes me feel like making some heads roll.

THoughts?

Also, anyone have good suggestions for getting rid of ‘ring around the collar’ I’ve been using woolite but I think I need to up the ante, this Miami heat makes me sweat like Rosie O’Donnell in a lesbo doughnut store.

___________________________________________________
ChickenTikka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being Born Wealthy > Being Jewish or WASPY > Born
> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower

Nupp-

BRO WE’RE LIKE SHIRT BROS, BRO. This is the 2nd thread we’ve commented on Tyrwhitt shirts and our [gay] love for them. They are truly banging, but I argue it’s the french cuffs that does it - the spread collar is just the icing on the cake.

Yeah, I sweat like a prostitute in a cathedral [zing!] on some days. I finally found the trick if you want to get the ring around the collar out. Make an oxiclean paste in a little container, scrub-a-dub it on your collar and cuffs. I use an old toothbrush, it seems to work OK. Leave it for about 15 minutes or so. Launder in your washing machine on a delicate cycle and lightly dry them. If you really want to go all-out [or are lazy and have access to a laundry sink], just pre-soak your dress shirts in warm water with a few scoops of OxiClean and leave it an hour, then wash.

This step adds a little time on laundry day, but I have never had a ring around the collar that lasts through this treatment. I think it has something to do with the ghost of Billy Mays and his incredible stain fighting prowess. He’s like the Chuck Norris of TV salesmen.

BRO, HOSS, BRO!

CT shirt rock, yeah, I’ve migrated to an 80% french cuff shirt assortment. Im gonna have to try that BILLY MAYS(!) treatment.

___________________________________________________
ChickenTikka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being Born Wealthy > Being Jewish or WASPY > Born
> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower

i only wear spread collars and love em….. i go made to order and does the trick

goldenboy09 Wrote:
——————————————————-
> i only wear spread collars and love em….. i go
> made to order and does the trick

I like my legs like my collars. Spread.

___________________________________________________
ChickenTikka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being Born Wealthy > Being Jewish or WASPY > Born
> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower

ASSet_MANagement Wrote:
——————————————————-
> goldenboy09 Wrote:
> ————————————————–
> —–
> > i only wear spread collars and love em….. i
> go
> > made to order and does the trick
>
>
> I like my legs like my collars. Spread.

like your style kid

wow.. lots of love for a mid-price brand selling passable work shirts.

brother bilo Wrote:
——————————————————-
> wow.. lots of love for a mid-price brand selling
> passable work shirts.

Go back to Ops where you belong, you caged retard.

___________________________________________________
ChickenTikka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being Born Wealthy > Being Jewish or WASPY > Born
> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower

Brother Bilo, I gotta ask:

Where are you shopping that you make my “nice” shirts sound like call-center garb? I know there are places like seize-sur-vingt in NYC that’ll do made to measure from collar to cuffs, but I can’t spend $220 on a dress shirt [and when I can, I’m not sure I’ll want to…]

The most expensive shirts i’ve seen have been Brioni.

I remeber I got caught in a pinch in LA once and had to buy dress shirts on Rodeo Dr. bought two Hugo Boss shirts for 450 total. I’m still walking funny from that transaction.

___________________________________________________
ChickenTikka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being Born Wealthy > Being Jewish or WASPY > Born
> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower

I thought this was going to be about options strategies…

I’ve been going to the fitted shirts, they look a lot better on people who aren’t fat…

artvandalay Wrote:
——————————————————-
> I thought this was going to be about options
> strategies…
>
> I’ve been going to the fitted shirts, they look a
> lot better on people who aren’t fat…

I’ve been going with the slim fit as my shoulders outpace my waist as far as width goes. The slim fit works well, how much are fitted? How is the quality (in general, I know it depends).

___________________________________________________
ChickenTikka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being Born Wealthy > Being Jewish or WASPY > Born
> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower

Totally agree. The only dress shirts I wear now are spread collar.

Nupp-

I think slim fit vs. “Fitted” is six of one, half-dozen of the other. Unless a tailor comes forward and corrects me, I think that both refer to a slimmer cut shirt, and the only difference is where you buy them. For example, maybe Brooks Brothers = “fitted” shirts, and Charles Tyrwhitt = “slim fit”. Both are cut a little tighter in chest and waist, but there’s no technical difference.

Anyone confirm/deny?

supersadface Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Brother Bilo, I gotta ask:
>
> Where are you shopping that you make my “nice”
> shirts sound like call-center garb? I know there
> are places like seize-sur-vingt in NYC that’ll do
> made to measure from collar to cuffs, but I can’t
> spend $220 on a dress shirt

I’m not saying you’re rocking call center garb, but let’s call a spade a spade: Charles Tyrwhitt makes passable work shirts that are slightly overpriced for their quality. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that–and I have a few myself–but you’re delusional if you think it’s rock star wear, or if you attach any special significance to the “Jermyn Street” on the label.

Your best bet in NYC for a really nice shirt at a good value is to find a good tailor. If you buy in bulk, you can get much, much, nicer, custom-made shirts for $125-150 each.

So then what shirts are quality in the 150-120 price range.

I have a few Hugo Boss’ (obviously) a few Bloomingdales mens (kinda ****ty) and the CT shirts. We have a corp discount at Brooks brothers, whats the word on them, I love their polos.

___________________________________________________
ChickenTikka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being Born Wealthy > Being Jewish or WASPY > Born
> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower

brother bilo Wrote:
——————————————————-

> I’m not saying you’re rocking call center garb,
> but let’s call a spade a spade: Charles Tyrwhitt
> makes passable work shirts that are slightly
> overpriced for their quality. There’s absolutely
> nothing wrong with that–and I have a few
> myself–but you’re delusional if you think it’s
> rock star wear, or if you attach any special
> significance to the “Jermyn Street” on the label.
>
> Your best bet in NYC for a really nice shirt at a
> good value is to find a good tailor. If you buy in
> bulk, you can get much, much, nicer, custom-made
> shirts for $125-150 each.

Fair enough, not the first recommendation I’ve heard for a good tailor- a colleague swears that he wouldn’t consider doing otherwise, and he always looks dressed to impress.

As far as the cost thing, maybe I should disclose that all CT shirts I own [probably up to about 8 or so now] were bought during the semi-annual company invite sales. You know, your benefits department sends some “invite only” sale e-mail and you have to pre-register and show company ID. I think they do them twice yearly, and most every firm in NYC that I know of seems to be invited [how EXCLUSIVE!]. So yeah, I like the shirts, but I like them at approx $50 price I pay for them. I don’t know how keen I’d be on them at the standard $90-110 that they want to charge me for them. Sounds like Ass_man got a similar deal or some such. I think the first sale was 2 for a hundred, the second was a “60% off” with some minimum spend. I probably dropped like $200 or $300 at each sale, but I do indeed love these shirts.

Right now, through us, they’re doing 4 for 199 (incl shipping). Which is a pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

___________________________________________________
ChickenTikka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being Born Wealthy > Being Jewish or WASPY > Born
> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower

ASSet_MANagement Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Right now, through us, they’re doing 4 for 199
> (incl shipping). Which is a pretty damn good deal
> if you ask me.

They’ve got 4 for 100 pounds (so $140 or whatever) on their site!

No quote needed

Using Tyrwhitt-Standard-Fit-Shirts-Per-$200 (TSFSP2) exchange starting value of 4.0, please determine the no-arbitrage TSFSP2 after one year has elapsed.

TSFSP2=4.0
USD/UK Pound [start of period] = 1.84
RFrate(US) = 1%
RFrate(UK) = 3%

C’MON PEOPLE, 11 DAYS TILL EXAM, I DON’T HEAR CALCULATORS.

Which calculator? Lets call a spade a spade here, the TI-BAII plus offers semi-decent quality for a calculator in it’s price range, however, if you had a custom built calculator for around 10% more you could practically have it sit for you on all three levels.

___________________________________________________
ChickenTikka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Being Born Wealthy > Being Jewish or WASPY > Born
> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower

ASSet_MANagement Wrote:
——————————————————-
> Which calculator? Lets call a spade a spade here,
> the TI-BAII plus offers semi-decent quality for a
> calculator in it’s price range, however, if you
> had a custom built calculator for around 10% more
> you could practically have it sit for you on all
> three levels.

I lol’d.