*THAT GUY* -- Gym Edition

So we all know who he is. Rocking a cut off Affliction shirt or 200 dollars worth in Under Armor. The guy who can bench 315 (while loudly grunting) but has 5 inch calves. The bro who curls more than his own body weight, but has the wrists of a prepubescent girl. The guido who does his hair…BEOFRE he hits the iron. Lets hear some stories.

when are full-length spandex pants ok? i say, if you’re a guy - never. girl, bmi<25.

The brah who sings along to songs, loudly. The bro who wants to give pointers to everyone else. The bro who doesn’t try to minimize the amount of time he’s naked in the locker room. C’mon folks, no matter who you are and how you’re hung/manscaped, step out of your towel, dry your thighs and junk and step into your shorts. Don’t pick the moment after you step out of your towel to inventory your gym bag, figure out how your bluetooth headset works, etc.

The guy curling in the power racks. The guy on the cell phone, constantly. The guy flexing in the mirror after every set. The guy telling his bro “do this, it gives a great pump”. The Monday benchers. Anyone doing anything on a half bosa ball. Anyone using a cable crossover machine for anything beside tricep pushdowns or heavy ab work. The guy doing ab work holding a plate on his chest… put it behind your head if you want to get something done.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The guy doing ab work holding a plate on his > chest… put it behind your head if you want to > get something done. Hmm, actually I didn’t know this. Never even seen anyone else doing it with weights, everyone did it with the medicine ball on chest. I’ll try holding the weight behind my head next time.

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brianr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The guy doing ab work holding a plate on his > > chest… put it behind your head if you want to > > get something done. > > > Hmm, actually I didn’t know this. Never even seen > anyone else doing it with weights, everyone did it > with the medicine ball on chest. > I’ll try holding the weight behind my head next > time. Get ready to scale your weight down 50 to 75 % I personally love the mean mugging bro who curls in the squat rack. Except his curls looks like he is training for an alpine skiing event. Yesterday I turned the corner into the bathroom (a doorless locker room so it has that double ‘L’ entry. So I turn the corner and I see two high school kids in their boxers weighing each other. Maybe this is normal but it was so weird to see two essentially naked little boys staring at each other and figuring out their body metrics. I lol’ed. We also have a guy who probably has 35 inch biceps (not a lie) and maybe 3.5 inch wrists. No definition. I am really waiting to have a good opportunity to take a picture, its quite insane. Finally, love the brah who lolly gags all over the gym in between sets then mean mugs you when you take the weights he was using. Sorry, bro, this is a gym no club med.

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brianr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The guy doing ab work holding a plate on his > > chest… put it behind your head if you want to > > get something done. > > > Hmm, actually I didn’t know this. Never even seen > anyone else doing it with weights, everyone did it > with the medicine ball on chest. > I’ll try holding the weight behind my head next > time. Physics sir, physics. Don’t even get me started on the locker room at my gym. Fvcking old guys bending over naked in aisle ways, guys coming out of the shower with a towel over their should and then pausing to watch sports center. One time I turned the corner to the bathroom and saw an older fat guy standing in front of the mirror, using a hair dryer to dry his balls. No joke. When would anyone ever think that’d be okay?

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfagoal2 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > brianr Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > The guy doing ab work holding a plate on his > > > chest… put it behind your head if you want > to > > > get something done. > > > > > > Hmm, actually I didn’t know this. Never even > seen > > anyone else doing it with weights, everyone did > it > > with the medicine ball on chest. > > I’ll try holding the weight behind my head next > > time. i use the ball because i like to go side-to-side with it, but plates behind the head are killer my fav guys is the one who psyches himself up like he’s about to run a few clips across a rice patty… “ONE!!! TWOOOO!!! THREEE!!! FOUR!!! FIIIIVEE” and then has the weights slam to the ground like he just lets the floor be there. For now.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > and then has the weights slam to the > ground like he just lets the floor be there. HATE THIS! My yoga classes are in the studio right next to the free weight area. Nothing is more distracting or disruptive than some d-bag continually dropping weights on the ground so the whole floor shakes. I <3 when our teacher stops class, goes out the door and rips the guy a new @hole.

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > and then has the weights slam to the > > ground like he just lets the floor be there. > > HATE THIS! > > My yoga classes are in the studio right next to > the free weight area. Nothing is more distracting > or disruptive than some d-bag continually dropping > weights on the ground so the whole floor shakes. I > <3 when our teacher stops class, goes out the door > and rips the guy a new @hole. What if they’re actually doing an exercise where this can’t be avoided (e.g. deadlift)? Even if you’re properly controlling the weight, it’s a heavy weight exercise and many gyms that aren’t in basements shake/are loud no matter what on this exercise.

Gym I go to has a platform for deadlifts. I can’t imagine a gym allowing you to do those without a platform of somesort. It’s going to damage their floors

^^^I know what you mean. It really grinds my gears when I’m in my nude male yoga class and some guy does not wax is fanny hair. It’s just so gross.

…or doesn’t bleach. really???

psn0706 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > daviskr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mar350 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > and then has the weights slam to the > > > ground like he just lets the floor be there. > > > > HATE THIS! > > > > My yoga classes are in the studio right next to > > the free weight area. Nothing is more > distracting > > or disruptive than some d-bag continually > dropping > > weights on the ground so the whole floor shakes. > I > > <3 when our teacher stops class, goes out the > door > > and rips the guy a new @hole. > > > What if they’re actually doing an exercise where > this can’t be avoided (e.g. deadlift)? Even if > you’re properly controlling the weight, it’s a > heavy weight exercise and many gyms that aren’t in > basements shake/are loud no matter what on this > exercise. These guys literally drop the weights when they are done with their set. I understand they’re not going to be completely silent, but there is a difference between being considerate to others in the gym around you and blatantly not giving a sh!t. Plus there’s a big sign on door right next to the mirror that reads “class in session”.

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > psn0706 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > daviskr Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > mar350 Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > and then has the weights slam to the > > > > ground like he just lets the floor be there. > > > > > > > HATE THIS! > > > > > > My yoga classes are in the studio right next > to > > > the free weight area. Nothing is more > > distracting > > > or disruptive than some d-bag continually > > dropping > > > weights on the ground so the whole floor > shakes. > > I > > > <3 when our teacher stops class, goes out the > > door > > > and rips the guy a new @hole. > > > > > > What if they’re actually doing an exercise > where > > this can’t be avoided (e.g. deadlift)? Even if > > you’re properly controlling the weight, it’s a > > heavy weight exercise and many gyms that aren’t > in > > basements shake/are loud no matter what on this > > exercise. > > These guys literally drop the weights when they > are done with their set. I understand they’re not > going to be completely silent, but there is a > difference between being considerate to others in > the gym around you and blatantly not giving a > sh!t. Plus there’s a big sign on door right next > to the mirror that reads “class in session”. I saw dropping weights a lot in my college gym because it was more a social event/posturing than anything else. I think the gyms I’ve gone to since are in “professional” neighborhoods so I think I just assumed people out grew this behavior. Apparently not, haha

^Yup, it happens more in the summer than winter now that I think about it. I bet it’s the students at home for their college break. Guess it’s just something I’ll have to deal with like the mass influx of peeps during January.

^ Still doing that *hot* yoga?

^lol, yes I am. I’m back to my old workout schedule now that the exam is over. Lots of hot yoga and spinning plus some p90x thrown into the mix. Making sure I’m in the best possible shape for my Miami visit ;).

Miami is gonna be farking amazing.

daviskr , are you hot? My standards are high, I’m from Brazil! ahha