US Vs. England -- Just a game or much more now?

BP decides the dividend cut on Monday. I’m betting England wins, however, I think this game is gonna be ugly.

Just a game. Will be fun though.

Its a war! For the Imperialist Crown!

RUSTENBURG, South Africa — Forget getting past England. The U.S. soccer team had to get past the elephants first. The U.S. team was delayed on its way to its training session Friday night by a hungry elephant snacking on a tree. After 4 minutes, the elephant moved to the side of the road and the team continued on to Royal Bafokeng Stadium. It was the second elephant interruption of the day for the U.S. men. Earlier in the afternoon, a bus carrying 10 players on their way to an open-air market at the entrance to the team hotel got stuck behind an elephant, spokesman Michael Kammarman said. The congestion occurred outside the Bakubung Bush Lodge in Rustenberg. Players timed the trip to get back to the hotel in time for the start of the World Cup opener between South Africa and Mexico. Signs outside the hotel warn: “ELEPHANTS COME CLOSE TO OUR FENCE KEEP A DISTANCE OF 30 METERS AND PLEASE BE QUIET” and “BABOONS ARE DANGEROUS — PLEASE KEEP CLEAR OF THEM AND DO NOT FEED THEM.” http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hfuGwq9WOkTjD1_pTf6UxENVg0kQD9G97H5O2 The picture of the elephant on the road is awesome

I love the NYTimes but the recent article on Brits getting annoyed at American attacks on BP was rubbish. No sane person on Earth (British or otherwise) want BP to get away with the damage they have caused. It really smacked of gutter journalism- eg. only using quotes from politicians. Regarding the WC: soccer is such a crap sport. The whole thing has become such a circus to distract from how mediocre the majority of it is.

BP dividend is 1/7 of the total dividends in British pensions, British grandma isn’t going to get money for meds/tea this month…

“Regarding the WC: soccer is such a crap sport. The whole thing has become such a circus to distract from how mediocre the majority of it is” Thank you.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/

joeobrieneire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Regarding the WC: soccer is such a crap sport. The > whole thing has become such a circus to distract > from how mediocre the majority of it is. Ha ha ha. From an Irish guy whose team got knocked out by Le Hand. What a load of bollix. See the first goal did you? Watch Germany punish Australia at all? Just relax & and enjoy England’s comedy moments will ya. Posted by: joemontana (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: June 11, 2010 04:40PM “Regarding the WC: soccer is such a crap sport. The whole thing has become such a circus to distract from how mediocre the majority of it is” Thank you. Ha ha ha. From a nation that gives us World Series Baseball, which no other nation on the planet takes seriously enough to bother fielding a team. Was a fair enough result 1-1. Everyone thought that the US would get spanked after the first goal (given their team contains a lot of premier stars who aren’t quite in the big name teams of the England squad, probably fair assessment). Fair play to their battling & England reverting to mean. Will still both qualify, same as to begin with. Will come down to most goals scored. Still see England finishing top.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Ha ha ha. From an Irish guy whose team got knocked > out by Le Hand. What a load of bollix. See the > first goal did you? Watch Germany punish Australia > at all? Just relax & and enjoy England’s comedy > moments will ya. > I’ve honestly never liked soccer. In fairness; if it was Ireland that pulled ‘le hand’ you could have watched a nation look the other direction while muttering about ‘‘sportmanship’’ and ‘‘all’s fair in soccer…’’. Thankfully we can sit back and not worry about being in the WC at all. I saw England’s comedy moment and I don’t think it will get any better than that. The best thing about the WC in Ireland is our pundits. They are so much funnier than those on BBC/SKY. Eamon Dunphy is a law unto himself.