Spain

So who was betting on Spain again?

chokers

Give then a little bit of time. They still can pass to the next round. Chokers for some, bad luck for others. They have the ball for like 74% of the time and have plenty of opportunities…

This is what I enjoy about soccer. With some luck and fortuitous opportunities any team can win when they play their best. Spain was supposed to be a sure thing, into the elimination rounds at least. Now they have to get their sh!t together just to make it through.

Argentina won the Cup in 1978 with a loss in the first round, so they’re not out of it yet. A much tougher road now though.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is what I enjoy about sports. With some luck > and fortuitous opportunities any team can win when > they play their best. Fixed your post.

I bet on Spain. And over 2.5 goals. Balls! Just missed out on 17:1 on Argentina S Korea over 5.5 goals. That would have been a proper result. Thankfully I have been making money overall. Had Argentina to win, over 2.5 goals and a goal by half time. My account is looking rosy!

It’s ok, relax everyone. I got Portugal - N Korea on the win, +2.5 and +5.5 goals. The last one came in at 19:1… Ker-ching!! :slight_smile:

spain’s gonna be fine… hopefully!!! im rooting for them! so who do u guys think will win the whole thing?

mellowman123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > spain’s gonna be fine… hopefully!!! > im rooting for them! > so who do u guys think will win the whole thing? Brazzers…err…I mean Brazil.

Don’t they have Brazilians in that show?? I think I’ve caught a few episodes before…highly recommended.

I just wikied Brazzers…the description is just too hilarious…almost fell off the chair

They’ll miss Xabi in their next game esp if Xavi is outta touch.

Xabi has been there most consistent midfielder. he’s supposed to play the holding role but his passing has been really good. yeah i think xavi is not himself rite now and so they’re def. gonna miss xabi alonso. but they should just play with busquets as the only holding midfielder and give fabregas a chance and attack more… and they should b fine…

Attack against a Portugal side with pace? A big NO from me. I hear Javi Martinez is going to start in place of Alonso if he’s not fit by then. Cesc on the bench yet again.

All that attacking did work after all! about 65% possession! and most of the game played in Portugal’s half… and that Villa is a monster!!

Yea, I agree but I dont think they went gung ho attacking. They plaed possession football and I was over estimating Portugal cos Portugal under Queiroz have had 20 clean sheets in 25 games prior to the Spain game.

Yeah they didn’t cuz they couldn’t. cuz portugal was tooo defensive-minded. But Spain showed alotta intent. 3 shots on goal in the first 5 or so minutes and they kept pressing but that final pass wasn’t there cuz portugal had like a 6 man defensive line… Portugal didn’t pose any serious threat even after they conceded! dont know wat the players were thinking… Two HUGE semifinals coming up… picks??? i hope Ghana wins. and they will probably play brazil. And Argentina will probably edge germany and play spain in the semi. But that Argentina-Germany game is gonna be really tight…

My picks. Hol vs Bra -------> Holland (I know I know but they’ve learnt to play ugly and look like they can beat teams without attacking too much and Robben’s back and Michel Bastos isnt exactly a good defensive LB) Ger vs Arg ------> Germany (Dont want to upset ‘Paul’ the Octopus who has been predicting quite well so far. It picked Germany to beat Argentina and it correctly picked Serbia against Germany and Germany against England :P) Spain and Uruguay will go through in the other games is what I feel. What are your picks? Btw which club do you support?

Hey_I_am_the_Dude_man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- I quoted this so I can have this Screen Name on the thread again, that is all.