Lawyers

So I was going through my Rolodex to find a contact, and I came to realize that I know a ton of lawyers. Tax, employment, criminal, civil, real estate, family, corporate, etc. Now, does knowing a lot of lawyer lend someone to appear hooked up with all the available firepower? Or does knowing this many attorneys lend someone to be treading water in a shark tank as their nose starts bleeding? Just curious.

My entire family on my dads side are lawyers. Uncle is a senior advisor to supreme court. Grandfather is a partner with King & Spalding. Dad owns his own firm. We aren’t a very ligtigious family, though. I don’t think my dad has sued anyone and I cannot remember the family ever having to really deal with any PERSONAL legal issues. So, without saying all of their friends are lawyers (ie. The firms xmas party is at my house every year, mostly lawyers, one or two financiers). Family reunions are like ABA gatherings.

I’d like to sue the lawyers to make them stop suing everyone.

Everyone hates lawyers until they need one.

flowbe209 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Everyone hates lawyers until they need one. Then they hate the lawyer even more. $6k retainer fee for a friend of mine in a child support dispute.

I needed one once and I hated them even more. We’d all be better off without the scum suckers.

After my buddy passed the bar exam I gave him a bottle of Jim Beam with a dollar taped to it and told him that’s his retainer. I was his first client.