MW2 vs Medal Of Honor

Which game is better? I am looking for COMPETITIVE game, I currently play UT 3, and so far couldnt find decent replacement.

MW2 is sick but kinda old; at this point id wait for a new one. do you play online? and expand on competitive- in what ways?

Ski2Much Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MW2 is sick but kinda old; at this point id wait > for a new one. > > do you play online? and expand on competitive- in > what ways? Well i used to play in online leagues when game was popular, was in a couple of decent clans

Play COD4 instead.

There’s still a lot of people online on MW2.

Out of those two, MW2 by far. Plenty of people playing, lots of maps, lots of playlists. And, the airport level of the campaign is worth it by itself.

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Out of those two, MW2 by far. Plenty of people > playing, lots of maps, lots of playlists. And, > the airport level of the campaign is worth it by > itself. The airport level is sick and disgusting.

Comp_sci- I don’t play console games, so I can’t much comment on MW2 or MOH, which is where those games really shine. I do own Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and didn’t really get into it that much. If you’re really stressing the ‘competitive’ aspect, there’s always Counter-Strike and the other half-life mods. For what it’s worth, years ago I played CS at a pretty high level but got sick of it - the aggression in-game is ridiculous, and having fun at the competitive level didn’t really seem to happen. If you haven’t tried Team Fortress 2, I’d suggest you give it a shot. Really great class-based shooter, but very much team-based and doesn’t take itself too seriously. It’s almost impossible to play it and not have a good time. It’s available for PC and XBOX both; I play the PC version but hear the Xbox version is great as well. -SSF

I don’t play console games either. I dont see how you can get to any serios level without a mouse. I might give TF 2 a shot. I played original QuakeWorld/TF a lot. My biggest concern is the community. For UT 3 there is only 1 good pub server. ONE. That is it :-/ Is Bad Company 2 any good? How’s community size?

The BF:BC2 community is pretty darn large, but I dunno - something about the shooters that are trying to achieve “ultra-realism” just breed the weirdest type of gaming community. CS had this problem, MW2 (from what I’ve played/seen), and Battlefield: BC2 all have this problem. People tend to take the games super seriously (i.e. no one gets on the mic and talks about random crap, voice commands are responded to with things like “ROGER THAT” and “COPY THAT”), and get extremely frustrated when they’re fragged. I think part of it is the respawn mechanics. In the games above, if you’re killed, you have to wait (in CS, possibly as much as 4 or 5 minutes) to respawn. In a lot of other games, it’s instant or near-instant respawn, so you don’t take it as seriously. In a lot of free-for-all/deathmatch type shooters, people respawn quickly, so the downtime isn’t as bad. If your biggest concern is the community, I’d highly suggest trying Team Fortress 2. There’s both amateur and pros who play (I think CompLexity has a tf2 team), but even at high levels, it’s rare to see people who don’t have fun playing it. I think it’s just the fact that the whole game doesn’t take itself too seriously. Take a gander at how the game “looks” - the whole thing is animated like a Normal Rockwell type of artwork with Pixar-type rendering. Very cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N_hagoLgUA

I play Bad Company 2 for ps3. Its a sweet game but is unlike MW2 in every way. much more realistic with larger maps and you get tanks, hummers, choppers, boats. Its worth checking out and its more realistic; you cant get shot from across the map easily, buildings are able to be blown up with people in them. not many gun choices. there is the ability to RUN though which is nice.

does Bad Company has decent hit-scan weapons? I am all about hit scan precision. and don’t really like ‘cone of fire’ weapons like in CS. Rail (quake) and LG/Shock (UT) are my fav weapons. I guess TF2 sniper will suite my gaming habits, but i am wondering can i play sniper in BF:BC2 and NOT use zoom? Will i get pixel perfect hits or it will be cone of fire?

I hated Bad Company 2. The pace of the game was too slow, and the “realism” factor was way over-rated. In the end, I just didn’t find it that much fun. Halo and COD have gotten it right so far IMO.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > does Bad Company has decent hit-scan weapons? I am > all about hit scan precision. and don’t really > like ‘cone of fire’ weapons like in CS. Rail > (quake) and LG/Shock (UT) are my fav weapons. I > guess TF2 sniper will suite my gaming habits, but > i am wondering can i play sniper in BF:BC2 and NOT > use zoom? Will i get pixel perfect hits or it will > be cone of fire? If you’re referring to no-scoping, it’s cone-of-fire for Bad Company. You can do it, but it’s not great for most sniper weapons. You can get an edge by quickscoping, but the game engine doesn’t encourage this type of play. TF2 sniper is different from most games because it is utterly useless for quickscoping and noscoping. The sniper rifle “charges”, meaning it is more damaging the longer you have it scoped. To get to max damage (a headshot from this will kill any class in the game, including an overhealed Heavy Weapons Guy at like, 150% of his normal huge health) takes about 5 seconds. If you just scope quickly and fire, your shot will do very little damage. A quickscoped headshot is better, but it’ll only kill about half the classes (weaker ones). It’s somewhat frustrating at first, but if you’ve played games like CS and others where a headshot is 2x-4x damage, it’s a similar mindset. You just have to get in the zone where you’re really only aiming for headshots.

Update: Got TF2 Quick scoping is useless, and it throws me off a bit. Also netcode is different so damage detection is different and i cant hit a lot of moving targets yet.

Awesome! Glad you gave it a shot. For me, it helps a lot with any game to watch some really good players footage. With that in mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkZLJeQ1Nhc Sadly, that’s not me, but I wish it was. Very good examples of “aggressive” sniping. You’ll learn the damage ramp-up/falloff in time. Quickscoping isn’t *totally* useless, as you’ll see. A quickly scoped headshot is minimum of 150dmg, but it’s hard to do. Quickly scoped body shots are, yeah, useless. As far as the netcode and hitbox stuff, yeah, that’ll take getting used to. You can change some of your settings, though I’m sure league play has limits as to what you can do. I also recommend getting a minimalist HUD - the default is a little cluttered. If you want to play sometime, get me your steam info and I’ll add you.

Update: I am getting better at quick scoping. Some maps are useless for sniping, especially arenas as action is too fast, and i get 1-2 kills maximum before i get killed. Look me up on stream - xxrakotxx, we can play sometime

hey ssf, was nice seeing you online yesterday, sorry i couldn’t play long. What classes do you usually play? Are you in any clan?

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- Are you in any clan? Yeah the Coo Clucks.

Comp_sci- I used to compete at a decent level in CS 1.5 and CS:S, but have turned down offers to join a clan for TF2 because I don’t want to take it that seriously. I have tried to make myself well-rounded in all TF2 classes, but generally will play demo, spy, sniper, and soldier. However, the game really rewards people who can play all classes well; you never know when your team DESPERATELY needs a medic to spawn in and help out. I sniped a lot more in CS:S because the AWP was such a dominating weapon, but in TF2 it’s more even. If you want to play sometime, drop me a line. I have plenty of time until I’m working full-time again or start my studying for Lvl 3 (probably around October/Nov?). -SSF