droid vs iphone

i currently have an iphone 3g and was going to upgrade to the 4g, but can’t overlook the droid. jobs is increasingly pi$$ing me off and i h8 itunes. the new 4g is blowing out sales records, but the droids sales are constantly increasing with the X due out in a few weeks. at&t also blows. any thought?

Same boat - struggling to go with something new. Just sitting tight for now until something jumps out - I’ll probably go 4g in the next month or so, liked verizon though so I’ll check out what they’ve got before making a move. Your welcome in advance for the lack of advice I just gave you!

i’m leaning droid because of the turn-by-turn navigation gps

go with the iphone, ya i hate jobs too and itunes is the worst program ever but think about it, they hold their resale value well, compatible with lots of after market accessories, and while jobs does replace them every year or 2 the old models still stay relevant unlike the many other phones that become worthless after a replacement is released. ----unless you can program or are familiar with open source software which i think the droid uses, i have no skillz in this area but if somebody did i bet it would be really nice.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-30/verizon-may-sell-12-million-iphones-the-year-after-at-t-exclusivity-ends.html Verizon is due to carry the iphone in Jan supposedly. If that matter in your decision making.

I like evo 4g, but att doesnt carry it

I’m switching to droid when my at&t contract expires. I’ve had the iphone because there was nothing really comparable on the market, but the droid definitely is.

Analyze_This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m switching to droid when my at&t contract > expires. I’ve had the iphone because there was > nothing really comparable on the market, but the > droid definitely is. I think the iphone still wins on style (3g for sure, 4g I haven’t looked at too closely but from a distance I like it better), but you get a keyboard with the droid.

I saw the iPhone 4 for the first time today. It feels nice in your hand, but I find the volume buttons and the mute switch kinda uncomfortable to use (too hard to press/flip). The retina display screen is phenomenal. But I must admit that after seeing it, I had no great urge to upgrade as soon as possible. However, the iPad is growing on me. I think it could be interesting for following a portfolio if the software is tweaked a bit.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I saw the iPhone 4 for the first time today. It > feels nice in your hand, but I find the volume > buttons and the mute switch kinda uncomfortable to > use (too hard to press/flip). The retina display > screen is phenomenal. But I must admit that after > seeing it, I had no great urge to upgrade as soon > as possible. > > However, the iPad is growing on me. I think it > could be interesting for following a portfolio if > the software is tweaked a bit. I think I will consider the iPad when they implement the retina display (which is actually not a “true” retina display, you’d have to hold the screen at 18 inches not 12 to not be able to discren pixels @ current resolution).