Do You Buy Your Lunch or Bring Your Own?

Just wanna know if most people buy their own lunch or bring their own. I bring my own lunch, save $ and I can control the calorie content.

Buy 3-4x per week - wish I brought more though.

Bring my own. Buy maybe 2-3x/mo.

I bring my own lunch for the same reasons as BiPolarBoyBoston

Ditto as Numi as BiPoBost I usually make a sandwich in the morning. Usually I bring a lot of food to work. Daily: Yogurt (not the throat variety) Apple Sandwich Bannanna Cliff Bar If I have leftovers from the night before it usually consists of chicken or bison.

Generally bring my own except for Fridays.

I pretty much have the same lunch as ASSet_MANagement, but I bring Myoplex Lite bars instead of CLIF bars (because I get a discount on them through a friend) and also usually bring a string cheese or some oatmeal too.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I pretty much have the same lunch as > ASSet_MANagement, but I bring Myoplex Lite bars > instead of CLIF bars (because I get a discount on > them through a friend) and also usually bring a > string cheese or some oatmeal too. I’ve got enough oats to feed the budweiser horses

I go home and sit on my couch for an hour and watch sportscenter. Normally make a sandwich or something left over.

Analyze_This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I go home and sit on my couch for an hour and > watch sportscenter. Normally make a sandwich or > something left over. I miss working .7 miles from home. I would go home and make pasta, go home and grill chicken… It was glorious.

I order healthy diet lunch and buy not so healthy breakfast. If i cook, i get the best products, and it’s more expensive, and sometimes not so tasty really depEnding on the day.

i buy my lunch every day mainly because i’m lazy. this way, i don’t have to make anything at home and i go grocery shopping much less often.

Not currently working, but when I did, I bought lunch almost every day. In NYC, nonetheless! However, this is not the full story. Building residents where I worked had access to the cafeteria, which was: -really good, surprisingly, and -partially subsidized. I could usually get a pretty great lunch for between $3 and $6 (vs. probably $10 if I was buying it from an NYC deli or chain type place). Yes, making my lunch would have saved me even more money, but at that point, the marginal benefit wasn’t worth it to me, so I just switched to buying it all the time.

Random question: Let’s say your wife doesn’t work and stays home with the kids. Is it out of line to ask your wife to make lunch for you to bring to work?

mark@dirtbags Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Random question: > > Let’s say your wife doesn’t work and stays home > with the kids. > > Is it out of line to ask your wife to make lunch > for you to bring to work? absolutely not. the laundry better be done and dinner on the table when i get home too!

mark@dirtbags Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Random question: > > Let’s say your wife doesn’t work and stays home > with the kids. > > Is it out of line to ask your wife to make lunch > for you to bring to work? A question to your question: If a tree falls and a woman hears it, why was there a tree in the kitchen? Hope that helps.

We had this conversation last night. My wife has always worked, but she wants to stay home now. We had our second child a year ago, she has stayed home since. I tried to be as PC as possible in my stance, but I think there should be some “expectations” of her since she is home now, mainly the kids, but other things as well. I leave at 5:30am and come home around 5:30pm, long day…Just not happening. She does the quick hand off when I get home and acts like I have been on vacation for the whole day. I never complain about my job, but as you guys know, it was a rough quarter. She complains about her day, and the way she complains, it feels like she is trying to make me feel bad. She wants me to help cook dinner. She cooks dinner maybe 3 times a week, I told her it should be around 5, plus (since we lost her salary), she should make me lunch to take to work…brought up how my dry cleaning has been sitting on the floor for 3 weeks; then the sh*t hit the fan. wtf?

^I totally agree with you. If she wants to stay home, she should be handling everything at home.

mark@dirtbags Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We had this conversation last night. My wife has > always worked, but she wants to stay home now. We > had our second child a year ago, she has stayed > home since. > > I tried to be as PC as possible in my stance, but > I think there should be some “expectations” of her > since she is home now, mainly the kids, but other > things as well. > > I leave at 5:30am and come home around 5:30pm, > long day…Just not happening. She does the quick > hand off when I get home and acts like I have been > on vacation for the whole day. I never complain > about my job, but as you guys know, it was a rough > quarter. She complains about her day, and the way > she complains, it feels like she is trying to make > me feel bad. > > She wants me to help cook dinner. She cooks dinner > maybe 3 times a week, I told her it should be > around 5, plus (since we lost her salary), she > should make me lunch to take to work…brought up > how my dry cleaning has been sitting on the floor > for 3 weeks; then the sh*t hit the fan. wtf? Smack her on the a$$, tell her it’s cute when she gets mad, tell her it’s man time and pop a Miller high Life in her face and throw on the game. Tell her if the best meatloaf you’ve ever had isn’t on the table in an hour she gets to go live with the bag lady downtown.

What have you done wrong when your wife comes out of the kitchen and starts nagging you? Made the chain too long.