Workout frequency

I noticed if i go every 5 days, i can comfortably lift weight a usually struggle with on a 2 day frequency. Also, i noticed that i have improved weight progression with every 5 day schedule. Should i keep this up, or maybe i should have less intense workouts every 2 days?

My sched. Monday weights Tuesday weights Wednesday basketball or other cardio Thursday weights Friday weights Satuday weights & cardio -OR- hangover ICU Sunday Cardio yeah…I can’t sit still

^-- sick

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^-- sick Gotta get in shape for Daviskr’s July visit.

You are overworking yourself. How frequently do you raise weights?

My sched: Everday - c0ck pushups

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are overworking yourself. How frequently do > you raise weights? As i’ve mentioned in other threads I swtich my rep schedule every 2 or 3 weeks. Schedule 1 3 x 10 Schedule 2 12 - 10 - 8 - 6- 4 Schedule 3 12 - 10 - 8 - 10 - 12 Schedule 4 5 x 5 It keeps for faily decent muscle confusion while still allowing me to put on (albeit tiny amounts) of mass. I am 5’ 11" 165 lbs. I don’t know my BMI of BF but I’d say its around 10-12% Right now my numbers usually pop up by a few pounds after the 5 x 5 schedule. Currently; bench 235 x 2 squat 275 x 6 Military press 155 x 5 I havent deadlifted in alomost 2 years, when I stopped I was doing 315 x 2 My numbers have come down on my last set this week since I am on schedule 2. The crappy part of lifting weights so much is that I am usually always sore, which makes playing ball a little tough. I have 2 days breaks at the end of each month and I try to ocnvince myself to take 4 or 5 days breaks every 4 or 5 months.

I haven’t had time to get to the gym recently, so I just “you know” someone different every night of the week for muscle confusion. Exercise and release in its most efficient form.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I haven’t had time to get to the gym recently, so > I just “you know” someone different every night of > the week for muscle confusion. Exercise and > release in its most efficient form. +1 I haven’t you knowed in almost 2 weeks. Im getting scared.

We all go through a monk phase occasionally…some more so than others.

My workout routine: Strength conditioning and agility - 2x/week Tennis - 2-3x/week Salsa - 2x/week Excel and PowerPoint wizardry - 5x/week Sleep - minimal…it’s for the weak.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > You are overworking yourself. How frequently do > > you raise weights? > > > > > I am 5’ 11" 165 lbs. What are you aiming for? Do you have a big bone structure? It seems to me like 165lbs is a bit light for someone who is 5’11" and lifts so much. I’m the same height, 180lbs, BF similar to yours and I have a small bone structure (no wide shoulders or back). I’m aiming for 185-190 lbs. I don’t have much more to gain in the upperbody naturally, so it will have to come in the legs as I have room to improve there.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > You are overworking yourself. How frequently > do > > > you raise weights? > > > > > > > > > I am 5’ 11" 165 lbs. > > What are you aiming for? Do you have a big bone > structure? It seems to me like 165lbs is a bit > light for someone who is 5’11" and lifts so much. > I’m the same height, 180lbs, BF similar to yours > and I have a small bone structure (no wide > shoulders or back). I’m aiming for 185-190 lbs. > I don’t have much more to gain in the upperbody > naturally, so it will have to come in the legs as > I have room to improve there. 170 seems to be the top of my range. My mom is super skinny and very very very lean (2 kids and is around 14% BF, 55 years old). I inherited her structure, very lean, very stringy, yet pretty strong for my weight. I am aiming to just stay fit, I want to be able to wipe my a$$ and fit into shirts but be able to fill them out nicely.

About the same as Asset but with a different routine. 5’11" ~165 with HSD body fat. I would describe myself as medium build – I don’t think 165 is that small. I used to lift heavily and got up to 185 in college and it looked weird. 5’11" 165-170 is plenty of muscle to look cut if you have limited body fat. 5-6 days a week (~30 minutes): push ups 60 x 2 pull ups 20 x 2 light weights squats 4-5x yoga (60-90 minutes) 1-3x salsa (holla, numi!) What can I say, I like workouts that have a high female to male ratio.

Mmmmm, salsa is really fun. Especially salse verde, delicious!

i just want to have 40’’ vert jump, that is it!

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i just want to have 40’’ vert jump, that is it! Calf raises. I did 200/day when I was 14 and added 2 inches to my very in two months. I was also at basketball camp during that time frame.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i just want to have 40’’ vert jump, that is it! > > > Calf raises. I did 200/day when I was 14 and added > 2 inches to my very in two months. I was also at > basketball camp during that time frame. well fyi, majority of vert increase comes from quads/hamstring/glutes and auxilary muscles and NOT calfs… but calfs play important role to translate the force of aforementioned muscle into power.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > i just want to have 40’’ vert jump, that is > it! > > > > > > Calf raises. I did 200/day when I was 14 and > added > > 2 inches to my very in two months. I was also > at > > basketball camp during that time frame. > > well fyi, majority of vert increase comes from > quads/hamstring/glutes and auxilary muscles and > NOT calfs… but calfs play important role to > translate the force of aforementioned muscle into > power. I know, I think it plays more of a role in stabilizing your leg/foot when taking a running shot. My thighs are already pretty meaty (disproportinally so) from the years and years of soccer and swimming.

3x a week, alternating squats and deadlifts as my main lift