Quarterlife crisis?

Guys, Have any of you experienced a quarterlife crisis? Does it exist? I currently feel a bit confused and even though I have always been very ambitious and have acheived a fair lot for my age, I am confused about what direction I want to take my life in - especially my career, because I’m very happy in my private life. Are these just regular on and off doubts, or does mankind regularly experience identity crises, or is it just the heat?

I think people start to focus on existential crises when their lives are going well overall. If you have big, real problems, you don’t really have time to worry about whether your life is on the perfect / ideal track or not. If your life is completely on track or mostly on track, you start to wonder if maybe the grass is greener on the other side. In my experience, usually, it isn’t. Career choices are tough since you don’t know what a particular career will actually be like until you’ve invested a decent amount of time into it. Basically, you have to make the best decision you can at the outset based on the available info. and hope for the best and not beat yourself up if it doesn’t work out.

^spoken like an investment professional.

Well said bromion. Even knowing someone who has to deal with a real problem gives you perspective. To the OP, I think it is fairly normal. I have that feeling every other week & I am well past the quarter life crisis now (though it was really intense back then).

Ive been out of college for 4 years now and I am right at that point where I am starting to question “Ok now what?..Is this really what I do for the rest of my life?” Rather than taking all these college courses to prepare me for real life someone should have just made me watch Groundhog Day, Ha. Real life is miserable…stay in college kids.

I think if I get to that point I will become a serial entrepreneur

AM - Would you try to invent something to top Cocoa Puffs or would you go for something to compete with Kashi?

… it is ‘s’, not ‘c’

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > … it is ‘s’, not ‘c’ Are you ceriously trying to tell me I’m mixing up my sonconants? Should’ve gone heavier on the irony, my B.

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > … it is ‘s’, not ‘c’ > > Are you ceriously trying to tell me I’m mixing up > my sonconants? > > Should’ve gone heavier on the irony, my B. sorry bro, i guess i missed it cause i was listening to California Gurls!