On a scale...

of 1 to 10, how much do you loathe your manager? Me? 10.

If I ever reached the maximum point of loathing for my manager, I would simply quit. Life is too short to deal with jerk managers.

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > of 1 to 10, how much do you loathe your manager? > > Me? 10. a perfect 10 eh …can you list the reason why you hate him/her so much

A 10 means you don’t loath any person on the face of the Earth more than you loath you manager. That’s pretty dramatic. Where would you loathing of Osama Bin Laden fall on the scale?

My manager works in a different office, in a different country. I haven’t talked to him for 2 months. He signs off my expenses. I really like him. 2/10.

1…My boss is awesome. Granted he is really close to retiring.

I’m looking for a new job. My manager is just one of those people who grinded out a manager job after years of being a decent employee. She was good at her old job, but has absolutely no clue how to manage people or complex projects that require coordination with other divisions, branches, and organizations. I used to do her job before they hired her, and since she started all progress has grinded to a halt due to bikering with other groups we need to coordinate with. She can’t make up her mind on anything, one day it is way A, next day it is way B; then I’ll spend hours doing work on way B and she’ll decide she wants to go with way C. She and I disagree daily and she never takes my advice anymore. Everyone on our team is looking for a new job. She doesn’t have a manager, or director right now, so there is no one around to notice her inability to deliver. On the plus side since posted this thread I’ve had two unsolicited calls from senior managers I work with regularly in two other organizations asking if I’d be interested in a job with their organization. Score.

Mr Pink do you work downtown NYC near the WTC?

No. Don’t work in the US.

Anywhere from a 3 - 8. It really depends on the day. He’s a really nice guy but kind of a crappy manager.

1-5, she is super nice but isn’t great at explaining what she is looking for.

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mr Pink do you work downtown NYC near the WTC? I do

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pimpineasy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Mr Pink do you work downtown NYC near the WTC? > > > I do I do too, holla

Mr. Pink Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m looking for a new job. > > My manager is just one of those people who grinded > out a manager job after years of being a decent > employee. She was good at her old job, but has > absolutely no clue how to manage people or complex > projects that require coordination with other > divisions, branches, and organizations. > > I used to do her job before they hired her, and > since she started all progress has grinded to a > halt due to bikering with other groups we need to > coordinate with. She can’t make up her mind on > anything, one day it is way A, next day it is way > B; then I’ll spend hours doing work on way B and > she’ll decide she wants to go with way C. She and > I disagree daily and she never takes my advice > anymore. Everyone on our team is looking for a > new job. > > She doesn’t have a manager, or director right now, > so there is no one around to notice her inability > to deliver. > > On the plus side since posted this thread I’ve had > two unsolicited calls from senior managers I work > with regularly in two other organizations asking > if I’d be interested in a job with their > organization. Score. Hardly a 10. I once had my manager’s manager who asked me to report on a 2 week period. He started doing these reports for certain time periods. In theory it was fine, but I had good reason to be sensitive. So I pinged over an email and said I bet you a dollar you really don’t want me to do that. I thought he would figure out why I sent that email immediately. The fool said yes he wanted my report for this specified time frame. Here is what my email report said: Week 1. Worked with mangement consultants on project x. Blah blah blah successful outcome. Week 2. In hospital having life saving operation. I owe you a dollar. Now that’s a 10. I still hate my bosses from that time - 10 years ago.

^ Not sure I understand the set up but I think that’s rather funny. Your life = 1 dollar and a TPS Report. I kid I kid

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mr. Pink Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m looking for a new job. > > > > My manager is just one of those people who > grinded > > out a manager job after years of being a decent > > employee. She was good at her old job, but has > > absolutely no clue how to manage people or > complex > > projects that require coordination with other > > divisions, branches, and organizations. > > > > I used to do her job before they hired her, and > > since she started all progress has grinded to a > > halt due to bikering with other groups we need > to > > coordinate with. She can’t make up her mind on > > anything, one day it is way A, next day it is > way > > B; then I’ll spend hours doing work on way B > and > > she’ll decide she wants to go with way C. She > and > > I disagree daily and she never takes my advice > > anymore. Everyone on our team is looking for a > > new job. > > > > She doesn’t have a manager, or director right > now, > > so there is no one around to notice her > inability > > to deliver. > > > > On the plus side since posted this thread I’ve > had > > two unsolicited calls from senior managers I > work > > with regularly in two other organizations > asking > > if I’d be interested in a job with their > > organization. Score. > > > Hardly a 10. I once had my manager’s manager who > asked me to report on a 2 week period. He started > doing these reports for certain time periods. In > theory it was fine, but I had good reason to be > sensitive. So I pinged over an email and said I > bet you a dollar you really don’t want me to do > that. I thought he would figure out why I sent > that email immediately. The fool said yes he > wanted my report for this specified time frame. > > Here is what my email report said: > > Week 1. Worked with mangement consultants on > project x. Blah blah blah successful outcome. > > Week 2. In hospital having life saving operation. > > > I owe you a dollar. > > Now that’s a 10. I still hate my bosses from that > time - 10 years ago. I’m assuming that your boss wanted the report b/c he felt that your productivity was light for that 2-week time period. Is that correct? If so, that’s pretty messed up.