A few "Fun" divorce facts

Since we have had a few threads related to divorce, I thought I would higlight a few “fun” divorce facts. 1. If you’re a married American, your marriage is between 40 and 50 percent likely to end in divorce. The good news is, the divorce rate is going down after peaking at 50 percent in the ’80s. 2. If you live in a red state, you’re 27 percent more likely to get divorced than if you live in a blue state. The rationale? Couples tend to marry younger in red states, and the younger you marry, the more likely it is you’ll wind up divorced. 3. If you argue with your spouse about finances once a week, your marriage is 30 percent more likely to end in divorce than if you argue with your spouse about finances less frequently. As the story says, “Money woes kill marriages.” 4. If your parents were divorced, you’re at least 40 percent more likely to get divorced than if they weren’t. If your parents married others after divorcing, you’re 91 percent more likely to get divorced. 5. If only one partner in your marriage is a smoker, you’re 75 percent to 91 percent more likely to divorce than smokers who are married to fellow smokers. Says the story, “Dissimilarities between spouses increase divorce risks.” 6. If you have a daughter, you’re nearly 5 percent more likely to divorce than if you have a son. Why? “Fathers get more invested in family life when they have boys.” 7. If you’re an evangelical Christian adult who has been married, there’s a 26 percent likelihood that you’ve been divorced—compared to a 28 percent chance for Catholics and a 38 percent chance for non-Christians. Those stats are coming from The Barna Group, a research company that was founded to serve Christian ministries, so lets take ’em with a grain of salt, shall we? 8. If you live in Wayne County, Indiana, and are over 15 years old, there’s a 19.2 percent chance that you’ve been divorced. This county has the nation’s highest percentage of divorced residents. A close second: Monroe County, Florida, at 18 percent. 10. If you’re a woman two or more years older than your husband, your marriage is 53 percent more likely to end in divorce than if he was one year younger to three years older. 11. If you’re of “below average” intelligence, you’re 50 percent more likely to be divorced than those of “above average” intelligence. “Those with IQs of 100 face a 28 percent probability of divorce in the first five years of marriage, compared to just a 9 percent probability for those with IQs of 130.” 12. If you’ve been diagnosed with cervical cancer, your likelihood of getting divorced is 40 percent higher than standard rates; it’s 20 percent higher if you’ve been diagnosed with testicular cancer. “These two cancers affect sexual activity and afflict mainly young people.” 13. If you have twins or triplets, your marriage is 17 percent more likely to end in divorce than if your children were not.

what about CFA candidates vs. non candidates?

or CFA vs. MBA?

Uh oh… 3. If you argue with your spouse about finances once a week, your marriage is 30 percent more likely to end in divorce than if you argue with your spouse about finances less frequently. As the story says, “Money woes kill marriages.” Phew! 6. If you have a daughter, you’re nearly 5 percent more likely to divorce than if you have a son. Why? “Fathers get more invested in family life when they have boys.”

nothing “fun” about this subject or it’s stats.

L3BeatIt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nothing “fun” about this subject or it’s stats. lol, maybe fun= 2x christmas powerup?

L3BeatIt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nothing “fun” about this subject or it’s stats. Hence the quotations.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > L3BeatIt Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > nothing “fun” about this subject or it’s stats. > > > lol, maybe fun= 2x christmas powerup? Hhahahahaha

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > L3BeatIt Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > nothing “fun” about this subject or it’s > stats. > > > > > > lol, maybe fun= 2x christmas powerup? > > Hhahahahaha Sorry, I didn’t get the joke. What are you referring to?

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jcole21 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > L3BeatIt Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > nothing “fun” about this subject or it’s > > stats. > > > > > > > > > lol, maybe fun= 2x christmas powerup? > > > > Hhahahahaha > > Sorry, I didn’t get the joke. What are you > referring to? Double christmas super bonus round. You get two christmas’s’'s for the price of zero as a kid.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jcole21 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > L3BeatIt Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > nothing “fun” about this subject or it’s > > stats. > > > > > > > > > lol, maybe fun= 2x christmas powerup? > > > > Hhahahahaha > > Sorry, I didn’t get the joke. What are you > referring to? mom+dad=1 xmas = less presents = less legos/hotwheels/supersoakers Mom= 1 xmas = separate round of toys Dad= 1 xmas = bonus round of toys Same applies for birthdays and all gift giving holidays. This is also compounded when mom and dad remarry, the factor grows even faster when you factor in potentially 8 new grandparents, the numbers get big fast…

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > jcole21 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > L3BeatIt Wrote: > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > > > > > ----- > > > > > nothing “fun” about this subject or it’s > > > stats. > > > > > > > > > > > > lol, maybe fun= 2x christmas powerup? > > > > > > Hhahahahaha > > > > Sorry, I didn’t get the joke. What are you > > referring to? > > > mom+dad=1 xmas = less presents = less > legos/hotwheels/supersoakers > > Mom= 1 xmas = separate round of toys > > Dad= 1 xmas = bonus round of toys > > Same applies for birthdays and all gift giving > holidays. > > This is also compounded when mom and dad remarry, > the factor grows even faster when you factor in > potentially 8 new grandparents, the numbers get > big fast… Got it. Luckily (or unluckily in the case of getting 2x christmas powerups), my parents are still happily (or unhappily) married.

Oh my god! Lost opportunities for me! ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > jcole21 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > L3BeatIt Wrote: > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > > > > > ----- > > > > > nothing “fun” about this subject or it’s > > > stats. > > > > > > > > > > > > lol, maybe fun= 2x christmas powerup? > > > > > > Hhahahahaha > > > > Sorry, I didn’t get the joke. What are you > > referring to? > > > mom+dad=1 xmas = less presents = less > legos/hotwheels/supersoakers > > Mom= 1 xmas = separate round of toys > > Dad= 1 xmas = bonus round of toys > > Same applies for birthdays and all gift giving > holidays. > > This is also compounded when mom and dad remarry, > the factor grows even faster when you factor in > potentially 8 new grandparents, the numbers get > big fast…

Just think if you were Jewish!

Analyze_This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just think if you were Jewish! With that many parents and grandparents, you could cover all major religions and clean up big time.

Analyze_This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just think if you were Jewish! Most Jews dont get divorced – they are used to living in misery and dont mind it all that much. I think we just get used to it after a while. We keep our standards low after thousands of years being kicked out of countries and hunted. So once a Jew gets divorced – that’s pretty much it. You know you arent getting la*d again - so that is out the window… so you just wait to die peacefully.

>wait are you jewish > yes why you want to see my p3nis? > what would a jew be doing whistling wagnor -antisemite nazi composer

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > >wait are you jewish > > yes why you want to see my p3nis? > > what would a jew be doing whistling wagnor > -antisemite nazi composer Ahh…I see you’re a fan of curb your enthisiasm as well.