Exit Interview

Today I have an exit interview with HR, anyone got any tips besides dont try to burn bridges dont tell how much you hate them dont tell there was no opportunity for advancement and it sucked all the time I was here

be honest and open, they’re there for feedback just don’t curse and call all your ex-co workers f-ing this and that. you can tell them how much you hate them, they get it a lot.

I intended to post it in the main forum. Dont curse me if you see a duplicate.

gauri Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dont tell there was no opportunity for advancement > and it sucked all the time I was here I think that is important that you do tell them that.

CFA Jay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > gauri Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > dont tell there was no opportunity for > advancement > > and it sucked all the time I was here > > > I think that is important that you do tell them > that. +1 EDIT: Maybe not the part about it sucking.

If I was an employer and someone was leaving that I would like to keep, I’d want to know why. There’s no need to call anyone names or say the company sucks but if you have decent, well thought out points, why not bring them up? Yes men are the scum of the Earth.

Had my interview, did not sugar coat anything, gave some suggestions and talked about BRIC economies.

gauri Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Today I have an exit interview with HR, anyone got > any tips besides > dont try to burn bridges > dont tell how much you hate them > dont tell there was no opportunity for advancement > and it sucked all the time I was here I agree with the first 2. Disagree with the 3rd point. You should tell them.

Should have told them you had it all on film, handed them a napkin with a number on and told them to deposit that amount within 3 business days. Missed opportunity.