Tired of getting sick in the summer

Second time this summer :frowning:

Lay off the booze csk. It kills your liver.

dude i don’t drink… i don’t even drink coffee!

eat your fruits and veggies man. 500 mg vitamin c.

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > eat your fruits and veggies man. 500 mg vitamin c. i take 500mg c chewing pill everyday and eat salad at least 1 a day

You might try working a few thousand mg of Vitamin D into your daily rotation. It’s cheap and helps protect against flu and colds. Most office workers are very defficient in D.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You might try working a few thousand mg of Vitamin > D into your daily rotation. It’s cheap and helps > protect against flu and colds. Most office workers > are very defficient in D. Or go outside for 10 mintues every day.

you puss drink orange juice!

My immune system is insane- I credit this to a very strict training routine: eat food from questionable sources… especially when abroad drink tap water walk bare foot kiss my dog ignore expiration dates- esp on naturally cultured things like cured meats, yogurt, cheese… spend plenty of time in nature swim in lakes/ streams/ oceans work out

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My immune system is insane- I credit this to a > very strict training routine: > > eat food from questionable sources… especially > when abroad > drink tap water > walk bare foot > kiss my dog > ignore expiration dates- esp on naturally cultured > things like cured meats, yogurt, cheese… > spend plenty of time in nature > swim in lakes/ streams/ oceans > work out you forgot unprotected sex with cambodian crack wh0res

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Or go outside for 10 mintues every day. very good point, step outside your incubator dood… some sun on your skin, not a pill for vitamin D

Comp_sci- If you’re anything like myself and a lot of other computer gamers (from our discussions re: online gaming) you could probably do with some regimented activity and sunlight. If you’re in need of a running partner, I just booked myself for the Boston Half marathon in October and am looking to get back to a respectable pace. I typically run in Central Park around the bridal path or reservoir.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Second time this summer :frowning: Probably the HIV.

Humongous Investment Vehicle?

ssf, thanks a lot for the offer, but i am not a runner :). I actually am very active and spend both sat/sun outside entire day.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Second time this summer :frowning: > > Probably the HIV. brianr’s mother is infecting everyone.

go on the subway more often. Agree with others you should probably aim to be outside for at least 15 minutes everyday. Also, not sure what salad you’re eating, but you should have fruits and vegetables every day, not just green leafs. Pretty much you should eat a little bit of every vital nutrient (milk, fruits/veggies, meats, fish, cheeses) and start working out more. I used to have a weaker immune system and get colds often, but after spending everyday in the NYC subway system, my body is a fighting machine.