Suspenders?

So I have a very old suit that fits me great. I’m planning on buying a new one, but have an interview tomorrow and don’t have the time or the cash to get one today. Anyway, the pants don’t have belt loops. I’ve heard the protocol here is to wear suspenders. Is this acceptable? Or a horrible move? Thoughts?

I have never taken my jacket off during and interview, unless you interviewer is looking at your crotch/as$. Then you should be able to slide by without attracting too much suspender attention.

Just speak with a blue blood accent, call them braces and you’ll be fine.

don’t forget the flair. management frowns upon just making the minimum.

Gotta go Old School Gordon Gekko! Rock a blue shirt, red tie and suspenders… Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.

I think suspenders are tight, but have never rocked them myself…

It works better with a big gut…how do you stack up?

I rock suspenders and get plenty of compliments.

If you rock suspenders, you also need to have a bow tie. Also, carry around a bucket of the Kernals Classic Fried Chicken and talk with a souther drawl. All kidding aside, I love the look of suspenders.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you rock suspenders, you also need to have a > bow tie. Also, carry around a bucket of the > Kernals Classic Fried Chicken and talk with a > souther drawl. > > > All kidding aside, I love the look of suspenders. Agreed. I won’t have it any other way now.

QuantJock_MBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If you rock suspenders, you also need to have a > > bow tie. Also, carry around a bucket of the > > Kernals Classic Fried Chicken and talk with a > > souther drawl. > > > > > > All kidding aside, I love the look of > suspenders. > > > Agreed. I won’t have it any other way now. Care to share what a ‘good’ pair of suspendes is? A link would be appropriate.

http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/gb-403t-suspenders-boys-m.jpg http://www.jptuxedo.com/images/Biz_Suit_Braces.gif These kinda look like mine. You need to ask your tailor to have suspender buttons. You CANNOT get suspenders that have those metal clasps. Also, don’t wear a belt with suspenders.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > QuantJock_MBA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > If you rock suspenders, you also need to have > a > > > bow tie. Also, carry around a bucket of the > > > Kernals Classic Fried Chicken and talk with a > > > souther drawl. > > > > > > > > > All kidding aside, I love the look of > > suspenders. > > > > > > Agreed. I won’t have it any other way now. > > > Care to share what a ‘good’ pair of suspendes is? > A link would be appropriate. Can’t go wrong with anything from Brooks Bros.

So what’s the deal with belt loops AND suspenders? Should you get the loops removed or start incorporating loopless pants into your shopping habits, or just rock it with the loops?

I love suspenders. On women.

Muddahudda Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I love suspenders. > > On women. Suspenders, heels, short shorts, glitter.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Muddahudda Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I love suspenders. > > > > On women. > > > Suspenders, heels, short shorts, glitter. God, sounds amazing.

Wear high heels, skip and jump, suspenders, and a bra…

This whole convo is weird. I always thought that the prohibition against suspender-wearing was one the Ten Commandments, right after “Thou Shalt Not Have ‘…, CFA Candidate’ After Thine Name.”

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wear high heels, skip and jump, suspenders, and a > bra… You’re a lumberjack?