Supplements

OK - who out there takes supplements - not the creatine bulk your *ss up type, but the more “make yourself healthier” kind. Ive been taking an organic multi vitamin and fish oil 2x day for a month - and dont think I notice a difference. Other than fishy burps that is. Its New Chapter brand - which i think is pretty good quality. I have been exercising like mad - started with p90 (old version) and now i run 2 miles about 4-5x week and basic weights. So i feel better - but cant say what improvement is from the Fish. So what do people take, why do they take it, where do they buy it. And if you think im an a-hole, please hold off until the end of the thread. B/C I am an a-hole.

I currently only take protien. I was taking a pre-workout supp to help with energy but now I just pound a cawfee with a few shots of expresso. I was taking a mess of stuff about 6 months ago. I was taking Animal Pak, Animal Stak, Jack3d, Protien and some recovery supp (forgot name). Honestly, the only thing I noticed from Animal Stak/Pak is that I got a little leaner, but that could have been anything. For me I have noticed that suplements really do not do too much for me. The preworkout stuff works great (I get nice pumps, good vascularity, so-so focus, pretty good energy). Protien has never really done anything for me except enable me to have a guilt-free glass of chocolate milk with dinner. Never taken creatine (directly, although most supps have it in them). I tried Ginko Baloba in college to help with exams. I think it may have helped on an applied stats final I took (pushed my grade from a C to an A with just the final, think I got a 99 or 100 on it). Who cares if you’re an a$$hole. I think I’ve met 3 or 4 people in my life that a genuinely “good” people. Everyone else is just trying not to be themselves.

Omega’s are not retained/processed unless from fish (not from fish sups, salmon is richest). I take spirulina, flax seeds, antioxidants and vitamins from fruits and veggies in season, mixed (red bell peppers have 3x the C in an orange, kiwi 2x the C). Fruits and veggies red or dark in color are richest in antioxidants (blue, black, red berries). If you’re visual with food, a mix of spirulina would make you puke.

As far a natural supps go I am like map1. Eat a mess of flax seeds with my meals. Also eat Blueberries, Bannanna, Apple, Cranberries every day. Eat zucchini, onions, squash, spinach and lettuce every day. I am pretty lacking in the vitamin C dept.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was taking a mess of stuff about 6 months ago. I > was taking Animal Pak, Animal Stak, Jack3d, > Protien and some recovery supp (forgot name). Jack3d is really concentrated. Not sure about Animal Pak/Animal Stak. I just take protien & Mega Men Multi-Vitamins these days.

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Omega’s are not retained/processed unless from > fish (not from fish sups, salmon is richest). > > So this stuff is not retained? http://amzn.to/b2MHGI

I eat a bunch of stuff that are in the Abs diet superfood lists from time to time. Mostly it is blueberries / other berries, nuts & seeds on my breakfast cereal. I eat multivit tablets. I normally have a protein shake if I hit the gym. That’s about it. I should prolly take stuff with vit E to replace my expended love potion. My missus gets a regular vit E boost.

A glass of red wine breaks fat an improves cholesterol (the tannin in the red wine). It knocks me out after gym:)