Traffic ticket

Hey Guys, Got a stop sign traffic ticket this morning, can I fight this ticket? It will put 3 points on my license and not sure how much insurance premiums will go up. I thought he was going to give me a warning…but no…that dude took 10 mins to print out my ticket. Ticket does not mention the amount I need to pay, does anyone know how much these run in NY? Any and all help will be appreciated.

You can not fight it.

Your only chance is to go there right now, knock the stop sign down, and take a picture of the intersection without the sign (preferably with a film based camera). Bring the picture with you to court and perjure yourself by claiming the sign was down when you received the ticket.

gauri Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey Guys, > > Got a stop sign traffic ticket this morning, can I > fight this ticket? It will put 3 points on my > license and not sure how much insurance premiums > will go up. I thought he was going to give me a > warning…but no…that dude took 10 mins to print > out my ticket. > Ticket does not mention the amount I need > to pay, does anyone know how much these run in NY? > > > Any and all help will be appreciated. Get a lawyer ASAP…don’t listen bullcrap about not fighting it. I got three tickets at once last year, and all three were dismissed with no points and just ended up paying $150 for the third violation (with no points) plus $50 for each ticket to the lawyer. I didn’t even have to send my proof of vehicle inspection and registration to the lawyer.

It actually depends what state the ticket was issued. In Florida, you can fight any infraction by taking them to court or hiring a traffic attorney. In others like OH, you’re SOL.

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It actually depends what state the ticket was > issued. In Florida, you can fight any infraction > by taking them to court or hiring a traffic > attorney. In others like OH, you’re SOL. I hate OH, my wife got a ticket outside of cleveland and dude wouldn’t budge (hot, pregnant chick from out of town). The lady at the hotel said that the city is so broke, they won’t cut you a break on anything.

You have to create a doubt to win. It’s certainly possible.

Any good attorney will find a way to get you off the ticket. Rarely, if ever, does a police officer do everything perfectly by the book.

Where in NY was this? If NYC, you can hire an attorney who’s job it is to dismiss tickets (these lawyers know every NYC cop around and can pull strings). You end up paying something along the lines of $500-600, but its better than an insurance increase. If its Long Island, and you were pulled over by a state trooper, you’re out of luck, and the best thing you do is go to court the day of the ticket and hope he is not there. If not, request the ticket be dismissed. If he shows, request to adjourn it until your lawyer is present. They give yo a new date, and you try to do the same thing. If its Upstate NY, and you were pulled over by a state trooper, its likely you can go into the court and plea bargan (pay a fine and get no points).

It was in westchester county, and he was a state trooper. It would work best if the cop does not show up on court date but I read online that westchester county disciplines their cops if they miss court dates. I am posting the 48 hr deadline ‘not guilty’ plea thing today.

http://www.trafficticketsecrets.com/beat-a-stop-sign-traffic-ticket-violation.html Google other articles like this and read up on it as much as you can. Perhaps taking pictures would be wise also (if you’re near that neighborhood). I would stick to my advice and try to postpone the ticket as long as possible, and hope he doesn’t make it one of those days. Worst comes to worst, you get the ticket, the points. You take the defensive driving course (online) and send it in to your insurer to get a 10% discount.

gauri Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey Guys, > > Got a stop sign traffic ticket this morning, can I > fight this ticket? It will put 3 points on my > license and not sure how much insurance premiums > will go up. I thought he was going to give me a > warning…but no…that dude took 10 mins to print > out my ticket. > Ticket does not mention the amount I need > to pay, does anyone know how much these run in NY? > > > Any and all help will be appreciated. I fought a ticket like this awhile ago. Lawyer, me and cop were outside the courtroom looking to settle. Officer Friendly pulls out his laptop with his video camera showing how blatantly I broke the law. As the attorney watches (with a big smirk, man was he a prick), he says to the officer, “Now why was my client waiting for 8.5 minutes while you wrote this small ticket?” He poked a few other holes in the citation, cop’s face grew pink as a pig, and charges were dismissed. Get a referral to a trusted lawyer.