Beer Mile

So a guy from woek dropped a challenge - and I’m going to kick his @$$ because he needs it. Anyone seen this or done this -> http://www.beermile.com/ I’m aiming for under 10 minutes (can do a 7 min mile pretty easily). official rules -> http://www.beermile.com/faq.beer#rules records -> http://www.beermile.com/records/ref_wr

What? That guy hasn’t lived. I once ran probably four miles at 2am after putting down 2/3 of a bottle of scotch. It was below 32°F.

Some guy I know did this. He said the difficulty comes from running with a stomach full of liquid, rather than from the alcohol. (He threw up.)

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the difficulty comes from running with a stomach full of liquid, > rather than from the alcohol. (He threw up.) yeah, i imagine its going to be like running with a shaken soda can as a stomach

4 beers in 5 minutes is a lot too.

Inner Evil Voice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What? That guy hasn’t lived. I once ran probably > four miles at 2am after putting down 2/3 of a > bottle of scotch. It was below 32°F. Agreed. When I was 21ish, I was super hammered and in one of those young emotional drunk stages. So I ran away from the party in a state park. There was snow on the ground, woke up over two miles away laying on the kitchen floor of some random house covered in mud, vomit and twigs. Some lady was screaming that there was an intruder in the kitchen and I tried to trade them my tie not to call the cops. True story.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There was snow on the ground, woke up over two > miles away laying on the kitchen floor of some > random house covered in mud, vomit and twigs. and Chris Rock says nothing good happens after 3am… it used to be that i only ran when black-out hammered. now i do it to shake the hangovers, keep fit and win things from people who talk too much.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Agreed. When I was 21ish, I was super hammered > and in one of those young emotional drunk stages. > So I ran away from the party in a state park. > There was snow on the ground, woke up over two > miles away laying on the kitchen floor of some > random house covered in mud, vomit and twigs. > Some lady was screaming that there was an intruder > in the kitchen and I tried to trade them my tie > not to call the cops. True story. Nice. I’ve always wondered how in the world I managed to survive my late-10s and early-20s years.

Desperately want to take a stab at doing “The Renaissance Mile”: “1 mile, solve a Rubik’s cube, drink a 40oz of malt liquor, dunk a basketball on a 10’ rim, play Chopin’s Minute Waltz, eat a pint of ice cream, any order.” I know I can run a sub-8 minute mile. I know I can solve a rubik’s cube in 4 mins or less, maybe 3 if I get a new one. I know I can play Chopin’s minute waltz. Beer and ice cream? Not a problem. WHO WANTS TO HELP ME LEARN TO DUNK ON A TEN FOOT RIM?!?!

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Desperately want to take a stab at doing “The > Renaissance Mile”: > > “1 mile, solve a Rubik’s cube, drink a 40oz of > malt liquor, dunk a basketball on a 10’ rim, play > Chopin’s Minute Waltz, eat a pint of ice cream, > any order.” > > I know I can run a sub-8 minute mile. > I know I can solve a rubik’s cube in 4 mins or > less, maybe 3 if I get a new one. > I know I can play Chopin’s minute waltz. > Beer and ice cream? Not a problem. > > WHO WANTS TO HELP ME LEARN TO DUNK ON A TEN FOOT > RIM!!! you will need like 40 vert for that. Good luck :slight_smile:

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > WHO WANTS TO HELP ME LEARN TO DUNK ON A TEN FOOT > RIM!!! Buy Strength Training System Strength Shoes. Jimmy swears by them.