buenos aires

So i am strongly considering flying down to visit a friend. I would be flying with delta out of MSP either on december 4 or 5th. Fly back the 24th. I would be using points, and i just happen to be lucky enough that the best days to leave are the day of the exam or that Sunday. Anybody been there? I would be using almost all my banked miles so it needs to be a great time? Just though id ask the community for some advice. any that can be imparted that will help in my decision making process is appreciated.

I went there last year on a whim, turned out to be the best vacation I ever took. To sum it up quickly, the nightlife is insane. Things don’t start until about 2am and places shut down around 8am. If you’re into steak, you’ll be in heaven. A plate of bife de chorizo and a bottle of Malbec set me back about 80 pesos ($20 USD at the time). There’s a few sights to see around the city if you’re into that sort of thing. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed, but I guess it also depends on what your expectations are.

Even if you’re not into steak you have to give it a try.

local beer is fantastic, as is the steak. The city has a european feel.

OK! So i got my ticket. Leave on the 5th and come back the 18th. I love steak, and beer, and most of all nightlife. I dont really have any expectations, i just had some rewards points banked and my friend has been studying in Chile all semester so im just going to meet up after his program ends and RAGE! Thanks for the comments, sounds like im going to have a great time.

Let us know how it goes man. I spent a week down there in January and fell in love with that city. It’s rated as 3rd in the world as well, in the category of hot women inhabitants.

Well i am in final preparations for level 1 today. Cant believe how fast that month went by. As of now the plan is party in Buenos Aires for a few days. Then take a bus to Cordoba 8 hours away and party for a few more days. At some point we will be taking a ferry across Uruguay to party for a few days. Ive got my work cut out for me but i think ill be able to work it all in. O ya and lots of sightseeing and all that jazz yadda yadda. I plan on eating only steak (rare as possible), and gelato. Ill be sure to keep detailed records and report back.

Just try to get dvegentini in Argentina. But I like Brazil better.

What is Dvegentini? Yes argentina would not have been my first choice but my friend is already there and the tickets worked out well. Ive always wanted to check out Rio (well maybe not this week! lots of violence), sigh, i guess as long a im unemployed i should probably just keep traveling.

Dude, Denise Richards is from Buenos aires. Shes so hot

Dvegentini (a joke for the russian speakers, because it rhymes a bit with Argentina)… And Argentinian women are very attractive… I just think that the Brazilians are nicer, more approachable, and have less “attitude.”

cubsfish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dude, > > Denise Richards is from Buenos aires. Shes so hot …and crazy. how does marrying charlie sheen become actionable?

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > And Argentinian women are very attractive… I > just think that the Brazilians are nicer, more > approachable, and have less “attitude.” agreed 100%

I spent several years in BA and love it, email me if you want.

Well heres the update. With the holidays and new year things have been busy. Big thanks to bpdulog for getting me excited and Captain Windjammer for the email full of details. Well to start with the good stuff, we basically partied from Tuesday-Sunday morning the first week. Bpdulog, you called it with the 2-8 club hours. The only one i can remember & spell is PACHA, its was huge and fun, house music all night. I dont think i made it back to the hostel before 7am any of those nights, im not usually such a night owl but coming from the midwest i picked up a few hours and never really got switched over to local time. The food was amazing, had steak every day and sometimes twice. The prices are out of this world. To have a really nice meal now is about $20 for the steak (it will be the most expensive one on the menu) and a bottle of good wine for $10-15. Id figure the american equivalent of about a $100-120 meal. Seriously, the steak size is enormous and the wine top shelf. Sushi was good if you went to the right places, it was hit and miss. Stayed in the same hostel the whole time, originally had planned on traveling but having ended up partying the first week we didnt have a chance to see ANY of the city so we figured we should just stay and try to explore where we were instead of bouncing around. for my entire 10 night stay it cost $125 american, it was http://www.hostelgiramondo.com/ I highly recommend it, clean, comfortable, great guests and staff. We met tons of people there from literally all over the world (more on that later, possible job offer) and most of them were down to party so we had a solid 5-8 people going out every night with us. As far as the city did some cool stuff, 1. Went to a “show” called Fuerza Bruta. For those of you in NYC it is playing there this week and was amazing. I looked at the tickets, ouch they are getting $80, down there i payed $12. It was really good, impossible to describe but if you are looking for a interesting night or want a exciting date night this it you. I had an unforgettable time. 2. Recoleta cemetery, huge and old. fun times. good surrounding neighborhood. 3. visited the Boca Juniors neighborhood, kinda ghetto but hey, it was during the day so it was ok. 4. got to know the hostel employees and one of them had a friend that has a wakeboard boat and takes tourists out and teaches them. Well none of us were really looking to wakeboard but there was a lot of drinking and it was a good day, and it was on a big river but the water seemed rather clean. 5. total expenses not including plane ticket is 2k on the nose. remember the ticket was free (about $1500 value) I lived like a king with the exception of the lodging. Drank like a fish logging 3 bottles of malbec a day. spent my nights like a vampire and days like a bat. got all my x-mas shopping done while i was there so that inflates the price a little (lots of girls in the family and jewelry was cheep) The city was relatively safe and only had a couple of tense moments but overall no scarier than any other major world city. Just had to be careful about flashing money and electronics, iphones tend to evaporate. I guess for anybody who comes across this, dont check your luggage at the airport, its super ghetto, they have a luggage wrapping service there for you to help prevent theft (from when you drop it off to when you get in america) because the employees, both security and luggage handlers are sketch. I did not check but rather usually travel light so i just did carry on. I may add to this later but there is just so much i could write about i could actually go on for pages. to sum it all up, its an amazing city and i will be going back again sometime in the next 10 years(had to pay like $120 to get in the country but its good for 10 years)