NYC Marathon

Any AFs run the marathon? How about Gebre Gebremariam. Never run a marathon before and wins it in 2 hours 8 minutes. Pretty sick. That is less than 5 minute mile pace for 26.2 miles.

I finished outside of the top 5. Between dinner last night and breakfast this morning, I think I’ve managed to eat twice as many calories as I burned.

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I finished outside of the top 5. > But did you beat Jared Fogle (aka the Subway Dude)?

Looks like Jared’s time was 5:13:28. He beat the Chilean miner guy, who posted 5:40:51.

I would kill myself from exhaustion before I lost to Jared.

I wish people would have showered Jared with day old bread and condiments. I hate that dude.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Looks like Jared’s time was 5:13:28. He beat the > Chilean miner guy, who posted 5:40:51. Bet that dude wishes he was back in the mine. But seriously, I thought you had to run a 3:15 or something to qualify for NYC?

3:15 is the Boston Marathon qualifying time for men of the optimal age group. I think anyone can sign up for the NY marathon.

I beat all celebrities. This was my second marathon this year though so it’s not like I didn’t know what I was getting into.

Surprised it took this many posts before someone said it, but CONGRATS m&e! Whether it’s your first or tenth, a marathon is a hell of a thing. Glad to see you finished in good shape. You set a PR or anything?

Why does everyone hate Jared so much? I mean, I’m not a big fan, but hate?

I finished a few minutes slower than my best time but my training didn’t go as well as it has in the past. The race is over before it even begins. It’s all about training.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why does everyone hate Jared so much? I mean, I’m > not a big fan, but hate? agree, but its not like its that challenging to eat subs and live. i’d like the see the McD’s version of jared run a marathon. i bet it would somewhat resemble a beached whale.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why does everyone hate Jared so much? I mean, I’m > not a big fan, but hate? Two words: blood diamonds.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bromion Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Why does everyone hate Jared so much? I mean, > I’m > > not a big fan, but hate? > > Two words: blood diamonds. ha - when will people learn!?! claire’s is where its at. ask ocho.

Made it in 1h 15 mins They closed VZ bridge so i had to take 440 - that is why it took a while :frowning:

Ran it twice in 1988 and 93 (I think). Enjoyed myself and finsihed around 3:40 each time. Beat Gelindo Bordin the Olympic champion though. He stopped after 16 miles and didn’t finish. I finished. He didn’t. I win.