Favorite music albums

What are your favorite rock/jazz/whatever music albums? I have been listening to alot of the albums on the Pitchfork list of 70s, 80s, 90s, which tend to lean towards alternative/indie rock. Thanks.

Fly like a G-6 by the East Asian brothers

anything hair-band related while riding in my camaro with the top down.

The new(ish) Arcade Fire album, The Suburbs, is good. I’ve also recently been enjoying Further by The Chemical Brothers, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix by Phoenix, and Barking by Underworld.

monger187 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The new(ish) Arcade Fire album, The Suburbs, is > good. I’ve also recently been enjoying Further by > The Chemical Brothers, Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix by > Phoenix, and Barking by Underworld. That Phoenix album is pretty sweet.

Matisyahu

anything country

I thought you were a country boy Mr. CFA County lookin might fine in dem jeans and cowboy hat

you forgot to mention my Laredo boots

Beginning to end, Donald Fagan’s “Nightfly” is hard to beat. Musicianship times 10 Rickie Lee Jones first album is fantastic. Voice, music, lyrics. Allman Bothers “Live at Fillmore East” is live music at its best. 2 songs take up 2 sides of this double album, yet not a note is wasted. Warren Zevon’s “Excitable Boy” is fun, clever and great music. Little ol lady got mutilated late last night. Alliteration in a song about a werewolf. How good is that? UFO “Strangers in the Night.” Michael Schenker is one of the all-time great rock guitarists. Just nobody knows it. I could go on forever.

Taylor Swift Bruno Mars

Charlie Hunter’s cover of Natty Dread Broken Social Scene - Feel Good Lost Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus (Live edition) Stones - Exile on Main Street, Sticky Fingers Jonah Smith - Lights On Radiohead - Kid A, OK Computer Wilco - A Ghost is Born, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Summerteeth Greyboy - Freestylin’ LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver Morphine - Good, Cure for Pain My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges NAS - Illmatic Jay Z - Black Album Pete Rock and CL Smooth - Mecca and the Soul Brother AC/DC - If you want Blood… Black Crowes - Live at the Greek, Amorica, Southern Harmony… Gorillaz - Demon Days Jerry Garcia - Pizza Tapes Laurence Juber - LJ plays the Beatles Metallica - Justice, Master of Puppets (mostly for level II anger) Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea Wes Montgomery - Any album Grant Green - Any album Jimmy Smith - Any album Stephen Malkmus - Face the Truth

The Suburbs - Arcade Fire Come around sundown - Kings of Leon How I got over - The Roots Brothers - The Black Keys

The National - High Violet Belle & Sebastian - If You’re Feeling Sinister Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Howl Built to Spill - Keep It Like a Secret Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine / Broken / Downward Spiral Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted / Crooked Rain The Clash - Story of the Clash (both volumes) Kings of Leon - Youth and Young Manhood to name a few…