Gmail Monopoly

Is there anyone under 40 that doesn’t use gmail? I was just looking at an invite to a party and out of 300+ email addresses I think I saw maybe 3 non-gmail addresses. It used to be all about aol, hotmail, and yahoo. Funny how the times have changed.

which party?

Better invite me to this party… or else.

I still use hotmail. What is so great about gmail that hotmail or yahoo does not have? Curious.

See you at the party Chuckrox, I am the hotmail guy.

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > See you at the party Chuckrox, I am the hotmail > guy. How about that Nalbandian/Hewitt and Verdsaco/Tipsy matches??? amazing

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > See you at the party Chuckrox, I am the hotmail > guy. Well if you guys like tig ole bitties and four loko i think i can squeeze you in on the invite

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thommo77 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > See you at the party Chuckrox, I am the hotmail > > guy. > > How about that Nalbandian/Hewitt and > Verdsaco/Tipsy matches??? amazing Poor Tipsy - that has to be a crushing loss. He has a hot wife so I am sure he will get over it. I watched the end of the Federer match this morning with Simon. Simon was impressive, but the great Federer pulled it out.

Well, the original draw of GMail was that it gave you 1GB of storage when it first came out. Competitors at the time were offering like 50MB. Plus, you had to be invited by existing GMail account holders to join, so it was like an exclusive club. Today, GMail is just generally better implemented than its competitors. Yahoo Mail, for instance, is cluttered and has obnoxious ad spam. GMail also works well with other Google applications, like Google Docs, schedules, etc. Plus, of course, there is some brand cache element. If you have an aol account, people will think you are a 50-year-old housewife. That’s it, more or less.

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thommo77 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > See you at the party Chuckrox, I am the hotmail > > guy. > > Well if you guys like tig ole bitties and four > loko i think i can squeeze you in on the invite I love both. Please email me the info: TiggliesAND4lokos4life@earthlink.net

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I still use hotmail. What is so great about gmail > that hotmail or yahoo does not have? Curious. I have both gmail (primary) and hotmail (legacy). The gmail spam filter is dramatically better, so I have all of my important communications go through that email address. Using hotmail is like sleeping with a Saigon whore: it’ll get the job done in a pinch, but you’re probably going to pick up a lot of extra, unwanted stuff along the way.

Fair enough. I might have to make the switch to GEEEEEmail.

gmail killed aim too i remember using AIM in hs and college but i dont think i signed on aim since 2005.

Still a hotmail user.

Chuck, I’m gonna be in ATL Feb 4 5 6 7 & 8. Party invite I can haz?