question on technicals

Was running past some people on linded in that I have a common connection to, and ran past a guy who runs an asset managment company. He claims he uses technical analysis to generate returns for clients since buy and hold is dead. He also says the he does this with mutual funds. I’m not a technical guy so my question is it possible to even use technical analysis on mutual funds since the value is derived from the underlying assets?

Wait? TA on mutual funds themselves? Hell no.

CFAcountry Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Was running past some people on linded in that I > have a common connection to, and ran past a guy > who runs wa - wha? why all the running?

I just love to run. @chuck…thats what i was thinking but really threw me off. Didnt know if there was something i was missing. Im sure i read something wrong on the persons page

Why is buy and hold dead?

is his office in his mom’s basement?

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why is buy and hold dead? Thats not my words, thats this other persons. Cant remember who it is anymore or how i got to him, but in my opinion buy and hold isnt dead. Maybe time frames have shortened up, but not dead.

Buy and hold is dead. Candle stick patterns and lucky rabbits foot charts is the new killing it. LOL