How to deal with coworker

Any bit of information my coworker finds out, he runs and tells the boss (where people are interviewing, who left an hour early yesterday, who’s been expressing displeasure, etc.). Maybe he’s trying to sleep his way to the top (pretty BANGIN female boss) or maybe he’s just an aHole, but it’s pissing the lleH out of me. Any ways to give him some of his own medicine? Please be as creative as possible.

Are you looking to have your coworker “disappear”? I know a guy…

Step 1: Acting friendly, tell him about a job he should interview for. Step 2: See what his excuse is for the interview. Step 3: Tell boss he is not really at the excuse (doctor’s office, car service, etc.) but is really interviewing for another job. Also, tell her it makes you uncomforable how he talks about her, really nasty sexual fetish a la’ bondage or pee. Not that I would do this, but that would literally be “some of his own medicine”

Don’t engage in office politics. Go about your business, work hard, communicate with your boss and don’t get involved in all the BS. If your coworker wants to be the micromanager of the office, let him do so. These people don’t go very far anyway because they have no real skills as they are too busy managing everybody’s business.

problem: a-hole coworker solution: plant some panties in his top drawer and when he finds them: 1) “Hey look (guy) is a freaking crossdresser! That’s a great color for you.” 2) “How’d you get those (guy)? Have a ‘cram’ session with (boss) last night!?!” 3) “What the f@&k? Are you some kind sick perv, (guy)!?! This isn’t a frat house.” Either he’ll stab himself with some scissors or his head will explode, but you won’t hear too much from him again.

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t engage in office politics. Go about your > business, work hard, communicate with your boss > and don’t get involved in all the BS. If your > coworker wants to be the micromanager of the > office, let him do so. These people don’t go very > far anyway because they have no real skills as > they are too busy managing everybody’s business. This. Do your work well and be friendly to all. People are smarter than you think (usually) – the boss will know who is producing and who isn’t. If your work for an incompetent boss who doesn’t get it, then leave when you can.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you looking to have your coworker “disappear”? > I know a guy… boris@gmail.com Discreet

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thommo77 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Don’t engage in office politics. Go about your > > business, work hard, communicate with your boss > > and don’t get involved in all the BS. If your > > coworker wants to be the micromanager of the > > office, let him do so. These people don’t go > very > > far anyway because they have no real skills as > > they are too busy managing everybody’s > business. > > This. > > Do your work well and be friendly to all. People > are smarter than you think (usually) – the boss > will know who is producing and who isn’t. If your > work for an incompetent boss who doesn’t get it, > then leave when you can. Agree with both thommo77 and bromion. You have to do your best to manage your career – the cream generally rises to the top. Where it *doesn’t* is in terribly-managed companies…and if you think your company is one of those (it sounds like a pretty corrosive work environment), you may be better off moving elsewhere. I’ve left jobs because I couldn’t get along with a senior manager after a while, and it’s almost always worked out for the better. Good luck to you – seems like these types of pissants are rampant in the finance world

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t engage in office politics. Go about your > business, work hard, communicate with your boss > and don’t get involved in all the BS. If your > coworker wants to be the micromanager of the > office, let him do so. These people don’t go very > far anyway because they have no real skills as > they are too busy managing everybody’s business. Thommo crushed it. Seriously, it’s difficult, but just rise above it.

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ohai Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Are you looking to have your coworker > “disappear”? > > I know a guy… > > > boris@gmail.com > Discreet Boris is asking why you are giving out hist contact like that?

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > problem: a-hole coworker > > solution: plant some panties in his top drawer and > when he finds them: > 1) “Hey look (guy) is a freaking crossdresser! > That’s a great color for you.” > 2) “How’d you get those (guy)? Have a ‘cram’ > session with (boss) last night!?!” > 3) “What the f@&k? Are you some kind sick perv, > (guy)!?! This isn’t a frat house.” > > Either he’ll stab himself with some scissors or > his head will explode, but you won’t hear too much > from him again. I know you’re just kidding, but any kind of antics stooping to his level is likely to backfire, and what is the upside, really? Just go about your work and ignore the guy; subtle social ostracizing is a good way to do it, e.g. start up a fantasy pool, organize a night out with colleagues for drinks, etc. By doing this you’re not purposing avoiding him, but when he begins to feel left out he may change his behavior and if he doesn’t, he’s even more out of the loop.

High power laxative in his coffee and tons of it.

RadBikerSouthCO Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > (pretty BANGIN female boss) pics or she doesn’t exist!

Make him an offer he can’t refuse

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- i know that we would all like to believe that ignoring a problem would make it go away - this is loser speak. hit the problem head on to collapse it. in reality, the suck-ups do get more opportunities because the boss will bendover backwards to make the nagging stop…even if that means sending them to another group. opportunity is abound for those who push for it and your nosy buddy is crushing you in that category. stomp them out of your territory or you may find yourself running reports for the guy in a few weeks. of course you don’t need to bring undergarments into the situation, but you do need to address it. make sure other coworkers on your side are around when you do it so you have witnesses and so the person can feel the effects of their actions. its like dealing with a 2yo so you may need to speak slowly. fyi - until you do this the boss is going to use the rat to monitor you. if you’re comfortable with that, do nothing. just my 2c.

RadBikerSouthCO Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- i also seem to remember someone peeing on a keyboard, but that may have been in a movie

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > spreads Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > mar350 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > i know that we would all like to believe that > ignoring a problem would make it go away - this is > loser speak. hit the problem head on to collapse > it. in reality, the suck-ups do get more > opportunities because the boss will bendover > backwards to make the nagging stop…even if that > means sending them to another group. opportunity > is abound for those who push for it and your nosy > buddy is crushing you in that category. stomp them > out of your territory or you may find yourself > running reports for the guy in a few weeks. > > of course you don’t need to bring undergarments > into the situation, but you do need to address it. > make sure other coworkers on your side are around > when you do it so you have witnesses and so the > person can feel the effects of their actions. its > like dealing with a 2yo so you may need to speak > slowly. > > fyi - until you do this the boss is going to use > the rat to monitor you. if you’re comfortable with > that, do nothing. > > just my 2c. Have you talked to this boss, maybe she doesn’t care for this guy? Anyways, to the OP you have run the spectrum on responses, so keep us in the loop about your decisions and please update with changes. :slight_smile:

spreads Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Have you talked to this boss, maybe she doesn’t > care for this guy? maybe she likes having the rat around and won’t ever tell you. actions speak much louder than words.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i know that we would all like to believe that > ignoring a problem would make it go away - this is > loser speak. hit the problem head on to collapse > it. in reality, the suck-ups do get more > opportunities because the boss will bendover > backwards to make the nagging stop…even if that > means sending them to another group. opportunity > is abound for those who push for it and your nosy > buddy is crushing you in that category. stomp them > out of your territory or you may find yourself > running reports for the guy in a few weeks. > > of course you don’t need to bring undergarments > into the situation, but you do need to address it. > make sure other coworkers on your side are around > when you do it so you have witnesses and so the > person can feel the effects of their actions. its > like dealing with a 2yo so you may need to speak > slowly. > > fyi - until you do this the boss is going to use > the rat to monitor you. if you’re comfortable with > that, do nothing. > > just my 2c. Agreed. It’s a sad fact that in many organizations the a-hole gets preferential treatment and attention and moves up the ladder quicker than many that are smarter, more hard working and have more integrity. If your boss can’t see that this guy is d-head, then your options are limited I’m afraid. In the end you are indeed likely to one day be reporting to this clown. If I was you I would give it 6 to 12 months - if your boss still hasn’t twigged, look for another job. Sometimes you just can’t win these things.

Hajahah newsuper said d-head. Youre funny!