GM

good value play? $45 price target came out yesterday, 25% above its current level.

They post their first profit in seven years and their price drops below their IPO level. Sounds more like a value trap. The company sucks, they make bad cars, and oil is going higher. No, it’s not a good value play.

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They post their first profit in seven years and > their price drops below their IPO level. Sounds > more like a value trap. The company sucks, they > make bad cars, and oil is going higher. No, it’s > not a good value play. +1 The cars are the same. Look at the interior of mid level or cheap GM cars. They look the same. Cadillac got a little refresh. What a joke.

I agree with Sweep. I think you’ll see a better buying opportunity for GM over the next six months.

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They post their first profit in seven years and > their price drops below their IPO level. Sounds > more like a value trap. The company sucks, they > make bad cars, and oil is going higher. No, it’s > not a good value play. +1. Sweep makes good points. I wouldn’t waste my time with this - there are far more attractive issues out there.

UCO and BAL is where its at kids

yeah, i agree the cars are crap and they still have the pension obligations (the first thing Ford attacked when they began restructuring). still not sure how they got that target.

The new GM cars are actually quite ok, though probably not class-leading yet. Also, maybe it’s nice to own stock in a company that has an implicit government guarantee…

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also, maybe it’s > nice to own stock in a company that has an > implicit government guarantee… I’m guessing the Fannie and Freddie shareholders would disagree with this.