Gross

I accidentally did something with my blackberry that made my stomach turn. Guess what it was.

you licked the keypad?

Did it involve setting the phone to vibrate?

Dropped it in the toilet, obviously. Welcome to the club.

Aha, yes, that would definitely give you crappy reception.

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dropped it in the toilet, obviously. Welcome to > the club. Bingo. Would have been less of an issue if toilet was empty. Fell out my pocket as I was standing up.

I was about to eat some strawberries. I think I’ll wait another hour.

I guess I am an Outer Evil Voice to you. Worse for me, the blackberry has stopped functioning as I clearly had to wash it. Then cover it in hand sanitiser. I am hoping it rises from the dead like Lazarus!

Dude, ANY time you get a phone wet like that you need to IMMEDIATELY remove the battery, 10ths of a second count. Then it’s important to leave it with the battery out and as open to air as possible for at least three days, longer if you can afford it. Otherwise you severely risk shorting the electronics.

In my experience, if you pull the battery out and let the thing dry for a couple days it will come back to life. Mine went for a swim in a hot tub a couple years ago and it recovered.

Took battery out and shoved it under the hand dryer but that was a bit later. It is still in recovery mode. But yeah, I spilt milk on my kindle and it came to life a couple days later. I might just send it to IT though if it lasts too long - I could be missing important SMSs from my mates.

For future reference, just to avoid these types of accidents, take off your clothes entirely when you’re doing a #2. I strip right down to my socks, do my business, no mess no fuss.

Ha ha ha, that made me laugh alright.

tj2001 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For future reference, just to avoid these types of > accidents, take off your clothes entirely when > you’re doing a #2. I strip right down to my > socks, do my business, no mess no fuss. Hahaha nice. I love a good buck-deuce. Something I love less - a buddy of mine (roomate actually) told me if he took a morning-deuce prior to showering, he wouldn’t wipe and just lather up the affected region liberally in an effort to reduce his environmental footprint and gain time efficiencies. He never lived that one down…

Hmm. I hope that was not a shared soap/shower.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Hahaha nice. I love a good buck-deuce. > > > Something I love less - a buddy of mine (roomate > actually) told me if he took a morning-deuce prior > to showering, he wouldn’t wipe and just lather up > the affected region liberally in an effort to > reduce his environmental footprint and gain time > efficiencies. > > He never lived that one down… LOL. That is disturbingly awesome.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hmm. I hope that was not a shared soap/shower. Nothing was shared post-discovery. We are eskimo brothers after a rockin’ 2006 (I went first though), but we had separate bathrooms…

This is one of my biggest phobias (the other is dropping my keys in that little space in the elevator door). I’ve come to the conclusion if/when it happens I’m just flushing it.

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is one of my biggest phobias (the other is > dropping my keys in that little space in the > elevator door). > > I’ve come to the conclusion if/when it happens I’m > just flushing it. I have the same key/elevator fear. Dropped a piece of mail down there a week ago and my heart almost stopped. It was probably my annual stmt of soc. security benefits and is now being sold on the black market; I’ll never know.

Sweep the Leg Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is one of my biggest phobias (the other is > dropping my keys in that little space in the > elevator door). > > I’ve come to the conclusion if/when it happens I’m > just flushing it. Dropping key/phone into the elevator gap or other gaps (sewers).