India Vs Pakistan match venue turned into fortress

All the big bollywood stars, billionaires, ministers, hi-profile socialites, and who not, everyone’s attending the semi-final match between India and Pakistan scheduled in Mohali on wednesday. As the reports are flooding about security measures, because lot of Pakistanis are in the city shouting their slogans which literally pierce in Indian majority, same is happening from other end. This has snowballed into nightmare for security, and the event of the decade, atleast. 3,000 police gaurds, 9000 troops from central force, anti aircraft guns (I don’t know why), and the elite NSG commandos in undisclosed numbers. This has become insane. Mohali is literally a fortress to prevent a terrorist attack or mass chaos. I’m still banging my head on the wall that why I didn’t bought the Rs 15000 (335 USD) ticket, which is selling at over Rs 1 lakh (2230 USD) now in resale market (or black market). Many corporate offices are giving half day leaves to employees, including mine :). This is gonna be something… bring it on!

My driver asked for the afternoon off. I said I’d think about it. I was offered tickets too for 15k. Oops.

Good for you Bernanke…hows the new gig going btw? no such luck here…

Any form of competition between India and Pakistan is likely to be fierce in some shape or form. On the “safe” end of the scale, you’ve got rioting at cricket matches. On the other end of the scale you’ve got a history of strife with India and Pakistan having faced off in 4 major battles… (not really much of a battle since India has decisively won all of them, but a conflict none the less).

Should be a pretty comfortable win for India. Not a single Pakistani batsman could make the India A team, much less the ODI team.

I agree with you Palantir. This is getting so overhyped. It’s gonna be a blow out.

Mumbai final tickets for east stand at ~ Rs 15000. If India wins semi - then this will easily double. If India looses semi - How much would a paki / SL fan pay? Any Paki / SL here ?

I can’t believe Indians are being that over-confident about India’s win. The fact is that the leading wicket taker of the tournament and some of the finest bowlers are in Pakistan’s team. Thus, exactly how the leading Indian batsman will handle that is unsure. It will be a close match in any case.

tj2001 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not really much of a battle since India has > decisively won all of them, but a conflict none > the less). rrrrighttttt! also the Gulf War and the WW-VI and…

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can’t believe Indians are being that > over-confident about India’s win. The fact is that > the leading wicket taker of the tournament and > some of the finest bowlers are in Pakistan’s team. > Thus, exactly how the leading Indian batsman will > handle that is unsure. It will be a close match in > any case. India is winning this bad boy sumz, just admit it.

India has got this thing on LOCK.

samakh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tj2001 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > not really much of a battle since India has > > decisively won all of them, but a conflict none > > the less). > > rrrrighttttt! also the Gulf War and the WW-VI > and… Well the 1st Gulf War wasn’t exactly a battle either. And WW4 doesn’t exist. On the otherhand, every single war India and Pakistan have fought (1947, 1965, 1971, 1999), India has won whether in territory gained, less troops lost, political leverage on the world stage, the international support of western powers, you name it. Pakistan on the otherhand is on the verge of being a failed state in the next 50 years. Its crumbling social infrastructure is the result of a corrupt govt. with a long history of assassinations, bribery, and back room politics. Its NWFP are tribal lands more akin to the setting in Mel Gibson’s Mad Max than any semblance of a civilized society. And its military was nearly on the verge of defeat at the hands of the Taliban just 100km outside its capital a few years back. I don’t wish to make light of it, after all I’d much rather see Pakistan succeed as a nation on the whole. But facts are facts.

All I wanna say is : you are cute. do you workout??

tj2001 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > On the otherhand, > every single war India and Pakistan have fought > (1947, 1965, 1971, 1999), India has won whether in > territory gained, less troops lost, political > leverage on the world stage, the international > support of western powers, you name it. What a pounding. Come on, Pakistan, win this one!

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can’t believe Indians are being that > over-confident about India’s win. They have very good reason to be overconfident. This is a lineup of batting gods. Which Pakistani batsman could come near this team? Even in the bowling department they have good bowlers like Zak and Harbhajan. The fact is that > the leading wicket taker of the tournament and > some of the finest bowlers are in Pakistan’s team. > Thus, exactly how the leading Indian batsman will > handle that is unsure. It will be a close match in > any case. You really think Sachin, Gambhir, Sehwag, and Kohli cannot handle Umar Gul and Afridi? At home?? Law of averages is going to catch up to Pak, and this game is going to be a walk in the park. Unless it rains, then maybe it will turn into a 15 over game and Afridi will hit a few sixes and stroke his shiny shiny hair and then Pakistan *might* win.

Inner Evil Voice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tj2001 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > On the otherhand, > > every single war India and Pakistan have fought > > (1947, 1965, 1971, 1999), India has won whether > in > > territory gained, less troops lost, political > > leverage on the world stage, the international > > support of western powers, you name it. > > What a pounding. Come on, Pakistan, win this one! And this will be the biggest pounding, peace talks between both countries supremes are on plan too, both will be present at venue… haha!

common India …do it for poonam pandey !!

samakh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All I wanna say is : you are cute. do you > workout?? Indeed I do.

INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA INDIA

Jai Ho!