Tool bag or future hitter?

http://mcnultycapitalmanagement.com/index.html

He seems to be really into Ayn Rand…

We should get him together with Luis Caselles to get some pointers.

Have you guys seen his education section? lol

Tool. He can’t write. He wrote “noble” as “nobel” in the Hitchens quote and that Ayn Rand quote uses “individuals” when it should be “individual’s”. This is exactly the kind of attention to detail that I want from my money manager.

I saw a recruiter with a map of the world and all their offices in the header of their webpage. Their Brazilian office was, apparently, located in “San Paolo.” Mind you, that’s two words spelled incorrectly in a phrase consisting of two words. And this map was displayed to all visitors, at the top of the website, on *every* page that they visited. Later, I noticed that they had corrected one of the words, correctly changing “San” to “Sao.” I’m still wondering when they will pick up that “Paolo,” is the Italian spelling, not the Portuguese or Brazilian one. Amusingly, the ad I saw there demanded “keen attention to detail.” Edit: I just went back and they have fixed it. So, given enough attempts, it looks like they can get a few simple things right.

Read his seeking alpha article about “EFT”'s (he messed up the link, not the spelling in the article itself. Anyhow, read the first paragraph. Everything about his page makes me want to vomit. Plus his articles are just stolen charts from other articles he paraphrases. And I highly doubt he’s a “regular paid contributor” with 4 seeking alpha blog posts. Oh, and nice book list douche. Did it take you long to copy and paste the top business books list?

I find it’s the photo on the website that is the most pretentious. And it’s funny when you click and get the screenshot of his facebook page… it just doesn’t match up very well. He’ll probably do ok; he’s just young, and hopes that flashy stuff will substitute for substance. To some extent, there’s not much else he can do, because substance and genuine confidence comes mostly from experience and character, rather than bravado. No one really expects someone right out of college to have the experience, but the posing and posturing does make one question his character (more his judgement than his integrity, and the fact that what he’s projecting is extremely unlikely to line up with what one will really experience with him). Also, it’s fine to use other peoples’ charts, as long as you’re adding value with the way you analyze them and put them together. It’s a lot of work to put together primary data on everything, and often the work is not worth the outcome. But I couldn’t bother to go through that stuff after reading the first paragraph…

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Amusingly, the ad I saw there demanded “keen > attention to detail.” > > Edit: I just went back and they have fixed it. > So, given enough attempts, it looks like they can > get a few simple things right. Typos drive me crazy. Unfortunately, I had a glaring one as part of my work email signature for a few months at least. Had two letters transposed. Not really obvious, but it was there for months and I never noticed. Who noticed? My mom, of course. So, free advice: spell check your signature!

How young is he, if he ran for mayor three years ago? I don’t think that attitude can really change with age unless someone regularly beats him up (which I hope is impossible)

Valores Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How young is he, if he ran for mayor three years > ago? It’s Canada, it’s not even like it’s a real country. It was a close race, but in the end he lost out to Flying Squirrel

I applaud the idea, but content is important and his content sucks.

frisian Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tool. > > He can’t write. He wrote “noble” as “nobel” in > the Hitchens quote and that Ayn Rand quote uses > “individuals” when it should be “individual’s”. > > This is exactly the kind of attention to detail > that I want from my money manager. I would think we should expect more from an “assidous” reader!

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I applaud the idea, but content is important and > his content sucks. His content is awful. I would update Mark Twain’s saying and say: “Better to have no web presence at all and be supposed a tool, than to use MS frontpage to make a website and remove all doubt.”

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > higgmond Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I applaud the idea, but content is important > and > > his content sucks. > > > His content is awful. I would update Mark Twain’s > saying and say: > “Better to have no web presence at all and be > supposed a tool, than to use MS frontpage to make > a website and remove all doubt.” Agree completely. This guy is doing more harm than good. He needs to hire numi.

Apparently Luis Caselles took down his site. Google results will haunt them for a long time.

Numi can put him back on track.

Luis Caselles Perez has a British phone number now

He’s not even that young, 27 years old and won’t finish undergrad for another 2 years.

I’ve assembled a ‘dream team’ of money managers. I present “InfiniteAlpha Investments”: Head of Investment Banking/Fundamental Analysis/weightlifting: Aleksey Vaynor Head of quantative strategies/derivatives trading/mayoral campaigns: Sean McNulty Head of HR / Compliance / High Ethical Standards / website headshots: Luis Caselles Perez Head of PR / generally being awesome: QQQbee Wiring instructions will be forthcoming, gentlemen. I’ll give you a few days to cash in those 401(k)s you won’t be needing anymore.