AF 2.0 Released this Friday

Anyone else notice this announcement? This friday, the “new AF” goes live. Last I heard, private messages will be added. I hope we can get thread ratings, and stickies of the best threads.

Hadn’t noticed it until your post. Private messages would be nice to have.

Thanks Chad!

Hyperlinks would be nice. I’m sick of having to read an entire reprint in a thread when someone wants to share an article. Either that or we need to adopt TL;DR.

The new system will recognize URLs and turn them into links automatically. You will also have a bunch of smilies to choose from. Also included in the forums will be: - Tagging and Filed Under by study session (ex. Study Session 1: Ethical and Professional Standards) - More formatting options (bold, italic, strike-through, bullets, numbered lists) - Enhanced member profiles (country, exam level, AF points, AF rating, studying with) I don’t think PMs will be in this first release but they may be added at a later date. The new system will provide a lot of new opportunities and this initial release will be a good start but the plan is to add new features on a continuous basis.

Nice. Italics is a good touch too. Unfiltered words would be a welcome addition. Since it’s safe to say we’re all adults here, I think we could handle it. /baby steps //thanks

AnalystForum Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The new system will recognize URLs and turn them > into links automatically. You will also have a > bunch of smilies to choose from. Also included in > the forums will be: > > - Tagging and Filed Under by study session (ex. > Study Session 1: Ethical and Professional > Standards) > - More formatting options (bold, italic, > strike-through, bullets, numbered lists) > - Enhanced member profiles (country, exam level, > AF points, AF rating, studying with) > > I don’t think PMs will be in this first release > but they may be added at a later date. > > The new system will provide a lot of new > opportunities and this initial release will be a > good start but the plan is to add new features on > a continuous basis. I don’t see any changes on the site. Could you post how to use these features?

sgupta0827 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t see any changes on the site. Could you > post how to use these features? My guess is that it isn’t live yet. You’ll notice when it changes. I bet there was some unforeseen difficulty or complication.

krazykanuck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sgupta0827 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I don’t see any changes on the site. Could you > > post how to use these features? > > My guess is that it isn’t live yet. You’ll notice > when it changes. I bet there was some unforeseen > difficulty or complication. What kanuck said: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1278665