Econ & Finance Jokes and Onliners

Anyone? Here is one: “If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand” by Milton Friedman

“Economist do it with models.” - a hopeful, yet realistic, economist

This is an accounting joke I made up… So I woke up the other day next to this nasty journal entry. - ME

lxwarr30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is an accounting joke I made up… > > So I woke up the other day next to this nasty > journal entry. - ME sounds like a debit.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lxwarr30 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > This is an accounting joke I made up… > > > > So I woke up the other day next to this nasty > > journal entry. - ME > > > sounds like a debit. Joke Writing Expenses NOTHING.00 Joke’s Written Responses Priceless.:slight_smile:

Not my joke, but a favorite of mine: “Economists are divided into two types: microeconomists and macroeconomists. Microeconomists are people who are wrong about specific things… …and macroeconomists are people who are wrong about things in general.”

There was a good thread on the same topic some time ago: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1236499 Also, I like the Alex comics appearing in the Daily Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/alex/?cartoon=8624466&cc=8674102

What about this one? Q: what’s the best way to make one million dollars in today’s volatile market? A: Start with two.

I think I actually heard this here first, and many times elsewhere. Always worth reposting though: “An economist is someone who can tell you tomorrow precisely why what he predicted yesterday didn’t happen today.”

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Economist do it with models.” > > - a hopeful, yet realistic, economist LMAO i’m like LMAO

Why are female Accountants slutty?.. …because they use the double-entry method

coming from a girl… nice, I like it

p

Um… the name gives it away but i’m guessing you are not a native English speaker. Dude = man Happy enough to meet up though, but maybe that just put you off!

^ok, i feel pretty embarassed now… my bf probably wouldn’t appreciate it… great posts though!

ha ha, thats what I thought - now i’m worried why you thought I was a girl - didn’t my football talk sound manly enough? Maybe it was that time we were discussing favourite lipsticks… who knows?

i though you were a girl b.c. of your post “August 25, 2011 04:16AM” on this thread. I then shrugged both your name and your liking of football away!

You definitely read that the wrong way…

econgirl Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why are female Accountants slutty?.. > > …because they use the double-entry method LMAO i’m like LMAO

haha didn’t expect this from econgirl :slight_smile: i like you