iPhone cracked screen?

I need a new screen. Cracked it on the iPhone 4 after 3 days of having the phone. Anyone know of places in NYC or Chinatown that do it for cheap?

Your best bet is to try going back to the apple store first and see if they’ll help you out for free since you only had it for 3 days. They have the power if you’re persistent. Other than that you can try going to a repair place in NYC, but somewhere like missionrepair.com may be your best bet if you send it in.

oh ok cool - thanks B

Provided your LCD is still working, here’s the cheapest/easiest way I’ve seen. It’s very straightforward, if you’ve got a working “geek” chromosome. http://www.businessinsider.com/the-truth-about-iphone-screen-repair-2010-1

do they have any jet city devices locations in nyc? i used on in the chicago suburbs, and they were fantastic

I doubt the store will fix it for free. Why should a store eat a loss when it was sold in new condition, and the buyer wrecked after use?

The store shouldn’t, but there is actually a human being standing behind the counter (who is probably 20 years old). They know it sucks that you just broke your brand new phone and they have the power to make it all better. It is the old principal/agent problem.

greengrape Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I doubt the store will fix it for free. Why > should a store eat a loss when it was sold in new > condition, and the buyer wrecked after use? Repeat business. Took in an iPad 2 with a shattered screen less than a month after they went on sale when they were still tough to find and they swapped it out for free. Definitely worth a shot taking it in.

sundevl21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > greengrape Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I doubt the store will fix it for free. Why > > should a store eat a loss when it was sold in > new > > condition, and the buyer wrecked after use? > > Repeat business. Took in an iPad 2 with a > shattered screen less than a month after they went > on sale when they were still tough to find and > they swapped it out for free. Definitely worth a > shot taking it in. Yep, my friend broke her iPhone4 screen after about 6 months of use, took it in and asked nicely, got a free replacement.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sundevl21 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > greengrape Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I doubt the store will fix it for free. Why > > > should a store eat a loss when it was sold in > > new > > > condition, and the buyer wrecked after use? > > > > Repeat business. Took in an iPad 2 with a > > shattered screen less than a month after they > went > > on sale when they were still tough to find and > > they swapped it out for free. Definitely worth > a > > shot taking it in. > > > Yep, my friend broke her iPhone4 screen after > about 6 months of use, took it in and asked > nicely, got a free replacement. It’s amazing how much free stuff hot girls get.