Gypsy vs Hipster

Which would you rather be. There has been a long stigma that being a Gypsy was the worst thing possible, but with the advent of Hipsters I think the playing field has changed. Pros of a Gypsy: You can steal souls. You were in a James Bond Movie (From Russia With Love). Pros of a Hipster: You smell so other Hipsters don’t get too close to you.

Hipsters or Hippies? Most hipsters I know go to great lengths to be uber-trendy. Not really the smelly type. To answer to question, I’d rather be a gypsy. Hipsters suck.

“There has been a long stigma that being a Gypsy was the worst thing possible” What? I’ve never heard that being a gypsy was so stigmatized in contemporary culture. Are you Borat?

I is.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “There has been a long stigma that being a Gypsy > was the worst thing possible” > > What? I’ve never heard that being a gypsy was so > stigmatized in contemporary culture. Are you > Borat? Try living in the UK, amigo. They are absolutely loathed there. The movie ‘Snatch’ touches on this in a few places. Having lived there, I can safely say it’s all true - they hate them there.

Hmm. That’s interesting. The next time I watch Disney’s Hunchback of Notre Dame, I will try to develop an intense loathing for the female protagonist.

i would argue that there have been historical instances where the two concepts have converged. stevie nicks circa 1977 being a prime example.

@ op: there are no pros for hipsters

a trust fund hipster > widely despised gypsy ask Sarkozy http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2005818,00.html

Are there hipster gypsies (gypsters?)?

a black gypsters would be supremely ironic i think…