Hours per week?

50-60 here, though it feels like it is 100-120 due to extreme dislike of the job. How much time per week do you spend working?

37.5 hours

Depends on the client and time frame mostly. Sometimes I can pull 40 flat, sometimes I bill 80 hours.

I do about 50 hours/week, but I don’t get lunch break.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 50-60 here, though it feels like it is 100-120 due > to extreme dislike of the job. > > How much time per week do you spend working? Hahaha, I feel your pain! For what it’s worth, hang in there, you’ll get more used to it, not sure if that’s encouraging or discouraging though.

I actually ran an ultra (50-miler) recently and I think the psychological pain of this job is worse.

nice sub, didn’t know you were into the ultra thing too! Which race?

Probably about 5 hours a week of actual work. 35 hours of useless meetings and collecting receivables.

Just gone up from 35 to 40. World of pain.

60-75 Gotta love West coast meetings after working an East coast day.

What sublimity said, but kinda in the opposite direction. Probably 50-60 hrs/week on average, but it doesn’t feel like much more than 40 because I enjoy the work.

60, can range from 55-85 though

50-60 but feels like 24/7 my biggest achievement at this job? convincing my boss to not get me a company crackberry

35 + 2 months vacation… oh wait…

supersadface Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What sublimity said, but kinda in the opposite > direction. Probably 50-60 hrs/week on average, > but it doesn’t feel like much more than 40 because > I enjoy the work. Shut up! Nobody likes you!

~55 on average, more during earnings season, less during slow periods

@comp_sci, how do you get 2 months vacation? Are you a teacher or do you work in Europe?

50-55 for face time. but probably 5 of actual work. what are your views on automation? since i’ve started i have automated a lot of my daily crap. i know generally it’s good (more productive, focus on harder stuff, etc) but in current environment is worth making yourself more disposable?

Zesty Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @comp_sci, how do you get 2 months vacation? Are > you a teacher or do you work in Europe? Was a joke. If i get to take 1 week vacation a year i am lucky.