CAIA Level 2 (March 2013) and CFA Level 2 (June 2013)

Hi All,

My real focus is to get past Level 2 CFA this time around however if i pass the Level 1 CAIA exam I’m considering sitting the Level 2 CAIA exam in March. Is it possible to complete CAIA Level 2 and CFA Level 2 comfortably?

I have heard that CAIA Level 2 overlaps with CFA Level 2 this is why I’m considering doing them both. Do you believe I should do this or focus on Level 2 CFA and sit CAIA in September 2013?

Thanks

Exact same scenario here. I think its doable.

I agree… emminently doable. CFA Level 2 shouldn’t change that much between now and next year, so you basically just need to focus on your weak spots while continuing to review the stuff you already know. There will be some overlap with CAIA Level 2 (especially Ethics)…

I’d say, go for it.

I’m also in the same position, band 8 L2. No way I want to do CAIA 2 before CFA. Why risk losing the focus and failing again when you can take CAIA 2 in September between CFA 2 & 3 where it doesn’t impact either?

It’s doable, but don’t do it unless you enjoy the idea of putting yourself in the library for the first 180 days of 2013, plus what’s remaining in 2012 (assuming you are not genius)

im looking at writing CAIA L2 in march and CFA3 in June 2013. supposed to write caia 2 in sept this year, but it did not work out

Best of luck.

I am sort of in the same situation. Level one for both CAIA and CFA this year.

It would be a mistake to think that it only takes a little bit of studying to go from L2 band 9 to a pass. Many many candidates that were band 9 last year, will end up band 7, 8, or 9 this year.

^ I agree with Wendy. I have a few buddies that took a couple times to get past L2 because of complacency after taking the first exam. Focus your time on CFA; and if you can handle the CFA curriculum relatively easily, then give the CAIA a shot in between levels in September.

I found that doing the CFA exam in June and the CAIA in September worked better for me. I did both L1s and L2s this way. It means that you only have 6-8 weeks to study for the CAIA but you are not endangering your CFA preparation in any way.

Ath, you still have way more than 6-8 weeks after the CFA exam to take the Caia exam in september. It is more like 10/11 weeks so it’s very doable. I wouldn’t risk not passing l2 for the second time to try passing CAIA L2. You’re actually risking not passing either.

I know this thread is pretty old but to clarify, I didn’t start my CAIA studies until I had found out that I had *passed* that year’s CFA exam. So that’s why I was limited to 6-8 weeks. It was more of a self-imposed break from all studying.

I decided to wait CAIA out. I’m going to start studying in July and give me a month break from CFA Level 2. Thanks for the advice. I think I made the correct choice

I was in the same boat as you. I passed CAIA L2 this past March. Now if I pass CFA Level 2 in June…I guess we’ll see…but i’m feelin solid…studying right now…altho AF is distracting me a bit.