Thoughts on level 1?

without getting into specifics… tougher? easier?

Trickier than I anticipated, but not too bad. It was definitely more quantitative than the Uppermark problem sets let me to believe.

We are pleased to hear that your CAIA exam was not too bad. Thank you for your feedback regarding the UpperMark questions. Our TestBank covers the broad range of material in the curriculum. We aim to provide some focus in our Final Prep Exam, the questions of which are specifically selected by our faculty. Feedback received is that this exam is an excellent final step in focusing and preparing for the CAIA exam.

We hope that you are successful on your exam.

Kind Regards,

UpperMark Client Services

Srange I was unable to add thread so decided to post here.

I encountered a question in PE section which has a diagram that is totally unrelated to the question and there is totally no way to solve it. I was thinking maybe CAIA embedded the wrong diagram for that particular question.

Used schweser and uppermark qbank to prepare for this exam.

For CFA and FRM(which I cleared) I dare to vouch schweser is the best. But for this CAIA, uppermark seems to be much better than schweser.

I had problems with uppermark initially (Due to my own special situation) but the customer service was prompt and polite. Will use uppermark solely for CAIA 2. Well done uppermark!

didn’t know that syllabus changed for level 1 for sept exam- and used some old materials- some stuff was new. oh well.

If the passing rate is 30%, you better start worrying. But since the passing rate is 74%, there is nothing to worry about:=)

Thank you for sharing your experience, maisatomai. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing through the CAIA program.

Kind Regards,

UpperMark Client Services

The exam was challenging and tricky. Scored well on the Schwezer exams but found the actual exam more difficult. I thought the exam would be a ‘big-picture’ thing like CFA level1 which it did not seem. Still hopeful! All the very best to all aspirants

I totally agree that L1 was tricky - esp. Ethics and part 2. CAIA test exam and Schweser Q-bank indicated otherwise…keep my fingers crossed.

Word is out @LinkedIn that grades will be likely available on Oct. 19th. So, what to do until then? Repeat L1 or go straight for L2?

I deceided to take it easy for the time being, I am currently reading THE compendium on fixed income: Fabozzi’s The Handbook of Fixed Income Securities. New edition (8) is out and already discounted on Amazon. Suddenly, it all makes sense, and reading is even fun! So, good luck to all

cu, xk

I found the exam a little more difficult than Schweser questions. To my surprise I also found some ( 1 or 2) questions which I’m sure were not covered in Schweser.

Overall I think schweser did a decent job.

Passed: 6 Outstanding, 2 Higher. Good job Schweser, got me there!

Breeze!

Maisatomai, I’ve used Schweser historically (CFA and CAIA) and when taking the CAIA L1 exam, I had several “wtf” moments, due to lack of coverage in the Schweser materials.

Did you find this to be the case with Uppermark as well? Does their curriculum cover the original material extensively? How many questions are in their QBank?

Thanks