Level II's where you at?

I just got started today with a aim to get through everything in 7-8 weeks then revise for 2-3 weeks. I’ve skipped CFA ethics till the end and got onto PE first off. Nice to already see lots of overlap with CFA Level II.

Where’s everyone at with this

getting ready for this level 2.

booked the last day for the exam.

Ordered the premium schweser package yesterday. Will wait for books to start. hopefully they arrive soon.

Yo, a difference I noticed from CAIA 2 when I took it in March and CFA Level 2 was in management fees in PE. CFA L2 says management fees are calculated as a percent of paid-in capital and I think they also said it could be off of committed capital. CAIA says management fees are only calculated as a percentage of committed capital and never say it could be off of paid-in capital.

Thanks Ramos. Were there many other similarities within the text? I noticed convertible bonds were a bit different with the CFA curriculum - the use of ‘parity’?

books arrived. time to study now

I am almost done. Just got 20 more pages in Commodities and than the Real Asset/Real Estate section. Anyone want to start an online study group?

going very slow on my side.

hopefully will pick up in the next 2 weeks. only using schweser notes. I hope it will be enough like L1.

Yeah I’m going pretty slow as well. All I’ve covered is Ethics, Private Equity and nearly Real assets. I’m planning on knocking down Commodities this week, leave 2 weeks for Hedge Funds and a week for those risk, manager selection readings then I’ll start revising. A bit of a half assed effort but it should do.

Probably will buy the uppermark question bank and do 3 mocks prior to September.

I’d lay off the half assing for level 2, just sayin…while still nothing compared to CFA L2 there is a lot more to remember than in CAIA L1 and recalling results from studies and authors can get a bit annoying, especially in hedge funds. Doing this for essays was hard for me. I put in more time in CAIA L2 than CAIA L1 and got 5 highs and 3 outstandings…whereas on CAIA L1 I got 5 outstandings, 2 highs, and 1 comparable. CAIA L1 was way easier than L2 so probably better to put in a solid amount of effort than having to retake it next year. Not doubting your effort but just my .02 from my experience.

duplicate.

How many hours do u think for L2 is required?

How many hours did u put in and pass L2?

What are you up to KKK?

By the end of the weekend ill have ethics, commodities, PE and real assets done. I’m going to try get HF and the core integrated readings done in 2-3 weeks then revise for 3 weeks with qbank everyday. hopefully that’s enough

How exactly do you guys measure the amounty of hours studied?

I can’t honestly answers how many hours I put in, as I didn’t allocate specific time slots, it could be as low as 30 minutes on a weekday and up to as much as 6 hours on my day off.

1. 100+

2. 149

This can obviously differ per person though.

just using it as a guide.

I am way behind and only going to use Schweser books to get this one done. Done with Ethics and PE.

Nice, I would personally try to finish reading by August 31 to have most of Sept for practice. I did the CAIA L2 readings from Dec 6 - Dec 31, so should be possible.

Are there any changes in covered topics between September 2013 and March 2014? Thanks.

March 2014 materials are not out yet, but curriculum was just overhauled for March 2013.

Most likely it will be the same as for this year, historically it stayed the same for few years.

progressing very slow so far… Planning on done with Schweser book 1 by next week. shooting for finishing reading material by end of Aug. Will see.

Good luck to all of us.

mine going v v slow now.

got my L3 result. Not the happiest. But we must carry on.

still halfway throught 1st schweser book. hope to be gettting along quicker now