late start, is QBank enough?

fellow caia pain lovers:

for cfa level 1, doing the schweser qbank was enough to get me over the 72% in each topic.

is that similar for caia? or does one have to review the text and/or notes?

i was thinking of signing up today, getting the uppermark qbank, and the text book and schweser notes as reference (but only as reference).

get schweser notes and schweser qbank…that will be enough…I did CAIA L1 in 6 weeks with that.

@ramos4rm, thanks. have you heard of anyone doing just the qbank? that was sufficient for me for cfa level 1 and i got the idea from one of these forum posts.

That would depend on how well you knew the underlying subject material in question. Whilst this could be done, I don’t recommend it, and honestly think it doesn’t show the right kind of attitude towards learning the material.

@toomanyexams…Why take the exam if you don’t care to learn the material?

I wouldnt recommend it because there are a lot of questions about recalling facts (like performance of a certain index in a certain year) as oppose to conceptual stuff like in the CFA. There are conceptual questions but you have many of these other types of questions in there too. Read the books once, there are only two and then go HAM on the qbank.

@ ramos4rm: only two books? from caia or schweser. thanks for the reply.

@nigelnyc, monito: hmm… i do want to learn but am not expecting a big learning curve on level 1. (same was with cfa level 1). also, i see some of this material as reference material and not things i will remember.

Two books from schweser.

awesome.

Can’t you take vacation time off to catch up?