2 weeks remain - best study strategy

Hello all,

My CAIA exam is soon.

I went through UM books once and through some chapters twice. I also have Schweser books.

Been doing TestBank questions - did about 200, with average score of 55%.

What would you recommend as the best prep strategy for remaining two weeks? Do I have enough time to adequately prepare for the exam?

I can devote about 6 full days (weekends and couple days off before the testdate), plus 5-6 hours during weekdays.

Thank you!

i only put in 7-8 weeks in preparation for this exam (I did have one week off prior though). At the end of writing my notes all I did was q-bank questions and averaged around 65-70%. Never practiced any constructed response questions and still passed on the day.

I think the best strategy at this stage is to just do as many questions as possible. Passive reading just isnt as effective when it comes to memorization. Attempting questions also helps to narrow down your weak spots and areas that require focus.

I am currently working my way through the Schweser question bank with the intention of doing every question. Any questions i get incorrect i print out or take notes. These notes provide a pretty review tool for what I dont yet know.

Thank you!

I plan to go through all questions in the TestBank - have about 1000 to go - and then repeating the ones I answered incorrectly.

I am concerned about essays - what would be the best way to prepare for them?

I’ve been doing more TestBank exams, taking notes and reviewing select portions of material.

My pace of going through the practice questions is slow, as I am trying to learn from the quations as I go. Here’s my approach:

1. Answer the question,

2. Read the answer - even if I got the Q right,

3. Take notes of some points from the answer - formulas, important explnations, etc.

I plan to review my notes at later point to make sure I memorize. This approach is certainly slow, but I feel that it contributes to the learning process in more effective way than just answering the Qs and quickly scanning the answers.

What do you think?

I am also thinking about going through Official CAIA Workbook.

Is it worth spending time on or should I just stick to the TestBank? Are the questions in the Workbook comparable to what we will see on the actual exam?

Just read minor details in each chapter test always want to distinguish between who see details and core concepts and who just know core concept

I’ve been doing more TestBank questions and covered over 600 questions so far (out of about 1200 total in TestBank). I am getting score in low 60s %.

What kind of score were you guys getting in the practice tests with UpperMark? I read somewhere that UM questions are tougher than actual test - is that true?

What score should I be getting with UM TestBank to be adequately prepared?

I have 5 more days to practice and to review.

Um questions are comparable with the exam. I was getting between 65 and 85 and passed

Best strategy would be to take vacation days to study. Sacrifice the present for the future.

That’s exactly my plan - taking 3 days off prior to the test and doing as much as I can on material review and practice exams with UM software. Probably devoting a day to Ethics.

Today I’ve got 72% on last TestBank practice exam.

edit

What i wanted to post is a good strategy is to read ethics at the beginning of the journey, put it on the side, and review it the day before the big day.

Do as many constructed response questions as possible. They are multiple sections, so additive. This is where you can really show your knowledge and understanding on the topics. Know the material in the Core and Integrated Topics Paperback book, hope you have read every article. I know someone who did not pass because she only read the study guides and UM/Schwesser/Test Bank material, and there was info that was not in those but in the actual reading. Good luck everyone! Jill Guess CAIA

jillb1960,

But the articles are covered in both Schweser and Uppermark notes, and it the TestBank as well.

Are you saying prep materials leave out some importnat infor from the articles?

Prep materials can’t cover everything. That’s the risk you are taking. Don’t forget those writing the exam can game the questions in function of what the prep materials contain. That being said, you won’t have more bang for your buck than prep materials. Just use it as a complement.