CAIA Level I in September / CFA Level I in December

Has anyone taken these exams in this overlapping order? I’m debating on taking the CAIA Level I on September 26th.

I’ve been studying for CFA Level I since May and scored a 79% on a Schweser Mock over the weekend. Lately I’ve been preparing for what will hopefully turn into an interview for an Analyst position in the Private Equity division of an Investment Management Company. In preparing I’ve been using the CAIA Level I Core Book and discovered yesterday that I’d already went through 20% of the Core Book in three days.

By the time I finish what I want to read ahead of the interview I’ll be through about 40% of the CAIA curriculum. I figured I should just press on and knock the rest of it out. Could anyone with experience shed some light on this and give their opinion?

The distribution waterfall of your time should be -

1. Interview prep

2. CFA level 1

3. CAIA level 1

If you feel like you have each one locked down, then move down the line but remember that “if you chase two rabbits, you may not catch either one.”

I never understood the sense of urgency to fly through the exams. If you fail only once, you wasted hours that you would never get back.

I did:

CFA L1 June 2012 CAIA L1 Sept 2012 CAIA L2 March 2013 CFA L2 June 2013 Overlapping can be done…but be prepared to actually sacrifice your social life…not just pretend to sacrifice it like most people.

^ You’re a beast.