Level 2 Exam

Any comments on the exam in general, without saying anything?

I wrote this morning and found the first (multiple choice) part pretty tough and the second was manageble.

I sat today; I found level II to be easier, all around, than level I. :slight_smile: I think CAIA Association went a bit overboard with the 2012 level I revision; that test was a nightmare (somehow [most likely a low MPS], I managed to pass it on the first attempt). But, I agree; the MC was still very difficullt, with the essays (short answers, in truth) being much easier (second half took me under an hour).

Have there been many questions with answers like

I. This

II. That

III. Both

IV. Neither

I don’t like this format of questions

Has anybody done the whole CAIA L2 workbook? Was that helpful for the exam? I think the questions in the workbook are much harder than the ones offered from Schweser & Uppermark in their testbanks. Not sure if I should take a second round in the workbook or do Schweser/Uppermark questions once again

I didn’t think the multiple choice were too tricky. For the most part I thought the questions were rather straight forward and to the point. There were a couple of curve balls and some that I completely guessed on. At the end of the day I suppose I should have studied harder and I would have gotten more right. There were some questions that I selected the first answer correctly the first time then went back to review only to switch to the wrong answer. Those are tough to swallow.

I found the essay section easier than the multiple choice. As in the first half, there were a couple questions that I had to use some “creative” answers (basically a guess lol) but thought I answered most of them thoroughly.

I really hope I passed and six weeks can’t come soon enough.

Not a big fan of those types of questions either where you have 2 possible answers.