Level sept 2014 exam

What’s the feedback on Level 1 for Sep 2014- I know testing window is open- so all I’ll say is seemed quite ok.

I take mine tomorrow. What study provider were you using and did you find the material comparable?

I used Uppermark. Fairly comprehensive in their coverage.

I thought it was alright. I got 70s on the CAIA website practice test. I used Schweser notes (w/o video) and I don’t think the CAIA I material was as good as the CFA I material I will probably switch to Uppermark for level 2.

Do anybody know what is the exam release day? I don’t undersatnd what does “within 3 weeks” mean?

3 or 4 weeks after last exam date… i guess by late october

I thought it was kind of “difficult”. I got +_70 on the CAIA website practice test . I went through whole CAIA book + review and totally agree with jfw215 that it was not as good as CFA materials.

I was suprised to see people say the exam wasn’t difficult. The Level 1 test was much harder than I expected it to be. I know several coworkeres who have their charter, and they told me the CAIA was easy to get. So I was expecting a fairly easy test. I spent 250+ hours of studying, did well on Kaplan practice exams, but still felt that I probably scored in the 65-70 range. Given the pass-rate is so high, I assume that there is generally a curve.

At the same time I had to flight from Madrid as it’s no test centre in my town and I sat for the exam with high temperature. I felt so bad that I can’t even remember what I replied so I expect everything.

Going by comments on this forum I _ expected _ the exam to be relatively simple- that is before I even signed up for the exam ( April 2014) . After going through the curriculum and Exam prep material I was convinced this was going to be anything but an easy exam. On the basis that I did not expect the exam to be easy I would say ‘it was ok’. I may fail but that would be more because of my boo-boo’s and time pressure.Anyone who sat this exam expecting it to be a walk in the park probably got a rude awakening.

I agree with Keller75’s post about the gap in perception of CAIA’s level of difficulty vs the reality of the test. The test is much harder than was described by previous charter holders - the difficulty level is up. In my humble opinion most finance graduates and industry professionals( which I am) would find the level1 exam to be quite difficult.

Results are out on the CAIA website! No detail that I can see yet, just the word passed. Click on my account and account history. I guess all the hard work and a generous curve payed off!

Congrats! try clicking on the row where your result is displayed it should link you to another page