CAIA Level I - Standards of Practice

To anyone who has passed the level one exam, what is the best way to go about studying the standards of practice? Is it really necessary to read the entire handbook? I know this makes up a significant portion of the exam at 15-20%, and I do have plenty of time to study (not taking the exam until March 19), but after reading the whole first standard, I couldn’t help but feel it was a waste of time. Is it more important to just read the examples provided?

If you haven’t passed any CFA exams, you should be very cautious about Ethics materials, mostly because it is not so simple as it looks like. Also read the book itself, not Schweser or others remakes.

A lot of grey area in ethics. It often seems like there’s more than 1 good answer.

I agree. You have to read the official material.

Ok thanks everyone for your input, official material it is.

The thing with ethics is even if you study for tens of hours, you’ll still feel clueless at the exam.

I have probably read the latest edition 3x already and probably still couldn’t get a perfect score on any test if I had to take one. Don’t short change yourself and I concur with all the comments here. Read the book.

^ Exactly. Don’t get flustered.