CAIA L2 followed by CFA L3

Hi Guys,

Has anyone done CAIA L2 (March) followed by CFA L3? Any tips, tricks, words of advice? Dont say “don’t do it”, too late, I already paid the fees, there’s no going back now.

I’ve started with L3 material about a month ago, getting back into the rhythm of studying. Gotten through ALT Port Mgmt, Risk management (all), Equity and FI Port mgmt and coverage over Ethics (wouldn’t say I’ve thoroughly completed those LOSs. Plans to jump into CAIA material from Dec-March and switch back to L3 post March 15-June.

Push your CAIA exam to September. Even then, there’s a good chance that you’ll fail L3.

Thanks Wendy - you’re a ray of sunshine.

Anyone with comments that are actually useful?

“Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t.” – Erica Jong

Again - Thanks Wendy, if I were looking for inspirational second-wave feminism quotes, I would be appreciative of your posts.

On a serious note, I am registered for these exams, I am writing them in March and June respectively, and I will pass them. So please either provide condusive comments or leave and find other AP posts to unlease your life’s frustations upon.

Zubbo,

Wendy is a triple charterholder who has helped a lot of other candidates to pass so I wouldn’t dismiss her so quickly.

But if your mind is made up then I think it could be doable as long as you don’t burn yourself out.

You probably only need 8 weeks to prepare for CAIA L2, so I would suggest -

Now - Jan 15 : CFA Jan 15 - Mar 15 : CAIA Mar 15 - Jun 6 : CFA

Good luck

I did CAIA L2 March followed by CFA L2 June. It can be done, but be prepared to have no life. I dont mean what most people say here when they say theyre committed, theyll pass, theyll have no life…but then still go out on weekends and leave work before midnight. I literally mean you should be staying in the office until midnight studying given you have finished your work and you should be studying on friday nights, saturday day/night, and sunday day/night. You should not be hanging out with anyone, unless its to get sex and even that should be during a study break. Dont forget to squeeze in some workouts. If you do all this, you can pass…if not then youre just like the other losers who didnt study enough but claimed they did and swore they would pass.

Easier said than done, especially if you have a full time job.

Wendy - no hard feelings, I know you mean well. If anything, your comments cement the seriousness of the task at hand.

Thanks for the replies, I’m giving an 1.5 during weekdays (just to keep studying as a constant in my routine), while giving more time on the weekends before ramping up the hours in Jan-May. I am concerned about burnout but am using the gym as a motivator for “me-time” to justify the hours spent studying.

edit

“hey babes, I’ve just finished asset allocation and I have 10 mins break before i get into GIPS, fancy 2 pumps and a squirt?”

Did CAIA L2 and then CFA L2 this year. Worth it. Thought CAIA was reinforcing, especially since they share the same ethics material.

^ I’m surprised you got time to post that.