Finished CFA program in 2014...itching to try something new. CAIA?

Anyone experience this same feeling? My firm currently offers non-traditional / alt investment solutions. Any fresh CFA charterholders starting to sign up for the CAIA exams or anyone who finished the CFA program first and then completed the CAIA curriculum have any comments to offer?

Thinking of doing Sept L1 2015 and Marc L2 2016. How much preparation is really required especially if my finance background is quite strong at this point. 8 yrs buy-side work experience + MBA in finance + CFA charterholder. Thx.

Was def thinking about it. At 1550 L1 sign up and exam+ 500 basic L1 study package+ 1150 L2 exam+ 500 basic L2 study package- that’s 3700. That’s also assuming a) no fails, b) both “early” signups, and c) the most basic study packages. I can’t justify it to myself at that price, especially since I’d be doing it purely out of interest in the material as opposed to any sort of percieved career benefits. I know a lot of companies will cover things like this. I’d be in without question if that was the case.

As far as test difficulty, I’ve heard it doesn’t even compare to the CFA.

I’m in a similar situation and decided to do L1 in March with a month of preparation. I’ll let you know how it goes but, judging from the material, it seems do-able because there is a lot of overlap.

CFA charterholders won’t find anything challenging in the CAIA material. The material is interesting, but its less quantitative with plenty of overlap in basic finance such as ethics, statistics, derivatives etc. CAIA level 1 is similar to CFA level 1, but with significantly less material to cover. With your background you should get through level 1 with a month or two of study, although at $1500 a try it could hurt if you get to complacent.

Level 2 is a step up, but still shouldnt give you to many troubles.

Do it!

If I were you, I would do something more fun in life.

hey bud. just wondering if that worked out for you regarding march l1 exam

bump… me too