uppermark and other 3rd party prep

Hi everyone,

I am planning to take the September CAIA level 1 exams. passed CFA level 1 in 2014, and plan to take level 2 in 2016

Would like to ask the forum a number of questions:

1. For those who have purchased 3rd party prep, how useful are they as compared to using the official material. I used 3rd party prep almost exclusively for my CFA level 1 and couldn’t imagine how it would be without 3rd party prep. Is the official material for CAIA as dense as CFA, such that 3rd party prep becomes almost a necessity?

2. Uppermark seems to receive better reviews than Kaplan on this forum. For those using Uppermark, do you recommand buying the package that comes with videos? Or are vidoes an overkill, esp when I have done my CFA level 1?

3. Does uppermark typically give discount codes, espcially nearer to the exam? Elan, which i used for my CFA, gave a number of discount codes. Would totally kick myself if i miss the discount

Appreciate any inputs- thank you!

I did not prepare with Uppermark books but what I can tell you is that their question bank is going to prepare you for the Level 1 exam in a foolproof manner. I used the original books and Uppermark Test Bank.

D