CAIA/ CFA Level I overlap

Just getting started in on the level I material; got done with CFA level I in December and will sit for II next year. There seems to be a massive amount of overlap with the ethics and introduction material. I know that I have seen some comments regarding this but want to avoid developing a false sense of security on this one.

Hi,

I passed both CAIA Level 1 and Level 2 last year and sat for the CFA Level 1 exam on the 6th of June (5.5 months to be prepared with a fulltime job and family life). I agree that there is some overlap :

• Ethical and Professional Standards (Except Standard VII and GIPS) -15% Weight
  • Quantitative Methods - 12% Weight
  • Alternative Investments (obviously) - 4% Weight
  • Derivatives - 5% Weight
  • Some LOS of Equity and Fixed Income topics - 2*10% Weight

I hope it will be helpful for you.

Thanks. That does help to streamline my preperation.

CFA Level 1 's results came yesterday… I passed!

As discussed here, the CAIA program helped me since I got >70% in most of overlaping topics (AI, Derivatives, etc…).

I noticed this morning that the Level 2 overlaping weights are still higher than for the Level 1 exam.

I hope it will be helpful!

Hi Rising Alpha

May I ask which materials you have used for CAIA exam ? Is there any lecture videos from any prep provider ? Although are those helpful?

Thanks

I used Schweser exclusively. The video material really sifted through the subject well seperating the highly likely test material. I passed CAIA Level I last month. Totally agree with the below description provided earlier. Ethics is essentially the same…at least they give you that one. ha

• Ethical and Professional Standards (Except Standard VII and GIPS) -15% Weight
  • Quantitative Methods - 12% Weight
  • Alternative Investments (obviously) - 4% Weight
  • Derivatives - 5% Weight
  • Some LOS of Equity and Fixed Income topics - 2*10% Weight

I used both official materials and KS materials, just as for CFA Level 1, and now for CFA Level 2.

Good luck everyone.

Hey guys, I am looking for a study partner. I have already created an account on www.studypal.co. Join me there and lets form a study group.