CAIA whats needed??

Hi i just cleared cfa level 2 and intend to sit for caia level 1. Could someone please help me with the following sections regarding CAIA

1. Books (core schweser or what)

2. Qbank necessary or just workbook (if yes which provider)

3.hours needed to prepare

thanks

1. Core recommended, Schweser can be light but with a financial background/CFA already passed, Schweser would probably be just about adquate. I had a similar background situation and only used Schweser however I’m using core + Schweser in Level II and am far more comfortable around the exam time around.

2. Uppermark QBank highly, highly recommended.

3. Subjective, I’ll let someone else handle this one.

Thanks man!! Appreciate your input

I used Schweser books for both L1/L2 and really liked them over Uppermark study materials, but books alone will not be enough - you’ve got to use test mock-ups (I recommend Uppermark).

If you work through UM test bank - you will be well prepared (make sure you get to the level when you score 70-80%), I found actual exam questions easier than UMs.

These questions are always hard. I know what worked for me but perhaps I could have done less, who knows.

For L1 - I used core books + uppermark qbank.

For L2 - I used core + schweser + uppermark qbank

Anyway -

1. If you are on a budget you can get by with just the core texts and a qbank

2. Uppermark qbank was great for me. Probably the reason I passed both levels.

3. Tough to say, probably 100 hours is enough. I did a little more, but bear in mind I did CAIA before CFA

I just wrote Level I and used Schweser exclusively. I must say, the quality of CAIA Schweser vs CFA Schweser seemed surprisingly different. I also focused more on the CFA textbooks during that program, so this may have something to do with it. Exam was fair, but not without the occasional GFY question here and there. I’m curious to know what the std. dev / MPS for the CAIA is. Everyone seems to be in the 70/80s range on all their mocks, but that could be self-selection bias (sorry, had to do it). I was getting mid 70s throughout the Schweser mocks and the CAIA mock, but I completed the CFA program in 2014, so a lot of this stuff was just refresher. From what I hear, the UM stuff seems to be superior…maybe I’ll check it out if I pass and take L2 in March.