Can kids register and sit for CAIA/FRM?

I can not find any requirement for the candicate for CAIA or FRM to hold a bachelor or be in the final year of a bachelor degree requirement like they do for CFA. Does that mean anyone can registered and sit for the CAIA/FRM exam?

My sister seem to be is currently 13 years old, and is interested in finance because she has a role model brother like me, can she registered and sit for either exams now?

She goes to school… whats the point?

That does not answer the question. Can she take the test or not?

Agreed. It’s a good question. Perhaps someone can step in and clarify regarding age limit?

None. However, basic foundation in finance & quantitative aptitude is desirable, and further educational and work experience requirements will apply after she passed the exams L1 and L2.

(i) Pass both levels;

(ii) hold a bachelor’s degree, or the equivalent, and have more than 1 year of professional experience, or alternatively have at least 4 years of professional experience; (iii) abide by CAIA’s Member Agreement; (iv) pay membership fees; (v) provide 2 professional references…

That’s said if she is 13 and did L1 and L2 she might get her charter in 10 years… Good Luck!

Thank you, that’s good news, my sister and I will study together for CAIA and FRM together next year then. This will give her solid foundation for her bachelor degree.

My two year old son and his 18 month old girlfriend would also like to study for the CAIA. Koromusha, can they join you and your 13 year old sister to study for the exam?

Lol

LMAO

Man, these questions made me feel so old, lol

cant ur 13 yr old go surfing or play sport instead?.. Srs!! She can read book or something if she’s interested in finance but there is 0 point and dare i say it negative NPV to doing the FRM or CAIA at 13

After FRM completion,she will have only 5 yrs to submit 2 years work experience. If not submitted before lapse of 5 yrs,will have to re- do the exams again.