CAIA Lvl I - March 2016

Scheduled to sit for the exam MArch 2016 and have Kaplan Schweser as my study materials with online classes. I’ve found the classes to be very helpful. i’m currently going through the videos and doing the test bank questions per topic. The book is almost irrelevant at this point although its still being used for certain sections.

What are you doing to study, do you share the same opinion? What should I be getting on the quizzes to feel I have a shot at passing level I?

I was thinking about taking the test in September and curious what you think of the Kaplan program now that you are closer to your test date. Did you also use the UpperMark TestBank? I heard it is useful.

I see this CAIA threads so lacking of activities. Please ask more questions :slight_smile:

The Uppermark QBank is the best.

I will be curious to hear what people think after they take the level 1 test in the next few weeks with the new material. I was planning on holding off on purchasing anything until I hear current feedback. My plan currently is to get the Kaplan study material and the Uppermark test bank unless I hear otherwise. I am almost done reading chapters 1-9 where I have been taking decent notes. I am not focusing on the applications (calculator work) until I complete the reading and have a better sense thru the classes which exact formulas to memorize. Is this a good idea? Any other advice at this stage?

Kaplan Q bank was not useful for CAIA Level I March 2016.

Questions were asked differently. I did 99% of all Qbank in Kaplan and all exams and there were plenty of questions that I had never seen asked that way. When you have ~approx. 1.5 minutes for each question and you see something you never seen before it WILL it into your time.

Going with uppermark next time.

hope you got a bummer test cause im using it and taking it tomorrow

I used shweser for this exam, and put in a very decent amount of effort and I felt quite unprepared for the exam. I found time to be a major issue, and the format of the questions quite different. The best practive I got was doing the CAIA practice exam from the website.

I felt the same about Schweser for L1, L2, I felt it was much better suited towards the type of questions I got. If I have to retake, I’m definitely using Uppermark

thank you for this response…i am taking it friday so i will keep that in mind

Best advice, look over the CAIA practice test and workbook tonight. Best of luck!

that practice test was everything…if i pass it was all cause of you and that test

I prepared with Uppermark. They were shooting out a new set of q-bank questions a week before the exams. Some of thme were missing parts and were only useable after another update.

Seems like we all missed out on the most obvious of materials by not using the CAIA provided materials, ugh. So dissapointing but anxious to see results coming in the next couple of weeks.

Good luck to all!

ditto

Glad it helped. Also pretty sure you’ll be fine, just remember, the worst thing that could happen is you have to retake it, and you’ll prepare better next time.

Results are in! How did everyone do?

I passed and I actually managed to forget my calculator going into the exam. Thankfully I arrived 30 minutes early and managed to run (on foot) to a target and buy an eligible calculator. I also returned it after the exam.

WOOHOO!

Passed!

What however really leaves my mouth wide open: Every singel f****g subject is “stronger”.

Time to do the happy dance I guess.