CAIA Level 2 essay topics

Does anyone have an idea if certain topics have a higher likelihood of appearing in the essay part of the level 2 exam?

I have no idea. The CAIA sample exam has Dynamic Strategies and Risk Management as the two essay topics along with code & standards. I’m not sure if they tip their hand wrt the practice exam. Any insight would be nice!

For the ethics essay expect to answer 4-6 questions about a case

To answer the first post I dont think any specific topics have a higher likelihood of showing up, the exam tested knowledge of all areas thoroughly.

Thanks a lot for your responses. I’ll look into the practice test shortly.

Considering past years’ LII it’s safe to assume that any/all article(s) make good CRQns (ie multi-part essay). And JTH’s comment re Ethics is spot on (4 - 6 on several standards).

Just a pre-emptive reminder that the CAIA Exam Misconduct and Confidentiality Agreement, which is part of the CAIA Candidate and Member Agreement to which all candidates and members must attest, specifies that candidates and members may not share any information about the content of CAIA exams they have taken, including the topics of essay questions, indefinitely.

There are no violations in this thread so far, and we’d like to avoid any issues arising. Thank you for your cooperation.

Very cognizant of the Exam Misconduct and Confidentiality and hence respondents are being very circumspect/broad and lacking any specificity. But good to have this reinforced.